❝ own it ❞

Zonnique

I laid my head onto Zoey's chest while we continued to watch hunger games. This is probably one of my favorite movies. It's amazing. Throughout the beginning Zoe wasn't feeling it but when the action came, he was all in it. We were laid up on my couch eating snacks and whatnot. We've been hanging out all day. I've also been trying to distract him from asking me questions about school. He's going to be disappointed I gave up. He's going to have a heart attack when I tell him I'm stripping plus selling. I chewed my caramel popcorn and glanced up at him. Zoey starred at the television in amazement watching Katnis. Once the movie had ended he groaned in frustration.

"Seriously! A fucking cliffhanger! This is why I don't watch movies. Either its happily ever after or a plot twist. Bullshit." He ranted.

"Right." I muttered sitting up again, getting into an indian style position.

"We're Katnis and that nigga Pita or whatever his name is. You saw how they held eachother down? Real nigga shit."

"That's why I wanted you to watch it. Then when Pita got hurt, Katnis saved his life also risking her life." I explained with a smirk.

Zoey mushed my head. "Aight Zonnique don't get ahead of yourself. Yeah you saved a nigga life so what, I saved yours too."

"When!" I exclaimed pushing my lips together.

"That time you called me and was like, Zoey there's a spider in my room." He mimicked me in a dramatic girly voice. "Bitch ass."

I slapped his arm. "You know I hate spiders Zoe! I almost got bit by one when I was like five or something. Those things are creepy."

"Whatever. So how was graduation? I'm sorry I couldn't make it." Zoey sighed looking at me dead in the eyes. I gulped and panicked inside my head. Maybe I shouldn't tell him yet- fuck it. I'm eighteen.

"Look I dropped out. I couldn't handle the stress and I was pretty much over the whole situation. I'm sorry Zoe but school just wasn't for me."

He starred at me in disbelief before runninh his hand down his face. "Zonnique! You've ruined your life just that quick. How do you plan on getting by huh? Selling?"

"And stripping." I mumbled the last part but of course he heard me.

"Please tell me you're not a stripper." He said seriously.

I nodded slowly. "But its-"

"There's no buts Zonnique. You completely let me down. I'm the only person who actually had faith in you and you just give up. What type of shit is that? Then you're still selling and stripping. That's stupid as fuck!"

"I really don't care! I'm doing what I have to do to get my little brother and moved outta here. I just lost both my parents in Iraq! Both Zoey. I don't have anyone at this point besides Kam." I said as my eyes started to water and his widened. "That's right.. they're both dead. I had to find out on the fucking news."

Unfortunately I lost my parents a few days ago due to a bombing in Iraq. They were both serving in the army to provide for Kam and myself. I haven't seen them in four years so it hurts. I try not to think about it because I don't like to cry. Crying makes me feel weak and that's one thing I'm not. A sigh left my lips feeling Zoey hold me. Just like last time. I breathed heavily, as a few tears slipped down my cheek but I quickly wiped them away.

"I didn't know.." He mumbled into my neck.

"Nobody does not even Romero. I didn't want anyone feeling bad for me. I don't need anyones sympathy especially if they don't know how this feels."

"Well I know what its like not to have parents but unlike mine yours actually gave a fuck about you." He replied in a bummed tone.

"They were always so strict that's why I'm like this. I push the people away that I love the most. That's wht I stopped talking to yo..." I stopped my sentence and froze in panic.

Zoey pulled away from the hug looking at me. I moved away from him and burried my face into my hands. I cannot believe I just said that shit. I'm so stupid but its true. I do love Zoey on a friendly level but sometimes its more. Everything about his perfect to me. His dominance, his way to make me smile, the way he dresses, and so much more. I know I sound like I'm totally in love with the guy. There's just something about him. He's so different from these others boys.

"You love me?"

"Huh.."

"You heard me Zonnique." He sighed.

I frowned. "Yes okay.. I know you don't see me like that because I'm like a sister or bestfriend but its cool."

"I think we both know I see you as much more than a sister now." He chuckled then looked down at his hands. "But honestly, I'm not trying to rush into a relationship. I just have a lot going on and apparently you do too."

I nodded in agreement. I kinda expected that and I'm not upset about it. "You're definitely right.."

"Glad we're on the same page."

"Yep.." I said lowly grabbed a chocolate covered strawberry. The last one to be exact.

"Nigga what you doing?"

"About to eat this?"

"What if I wanted it?" He asked.

I smirked. "Well you aren't getting it obviously." With that said I popped the strawberry into my mouth.

"Oh I'm getting it."

Before I started to chew, he grabbed my chin slightly pressing his lips on mine. I gasped causing my mouth to open. He slipped his tongue in rolling it against mine, getting the strawberry in process. By this time both of us were tilting our heads trying to bite it. I bit half of it then pulled away from him.

"You're such a dick."

"Your dick." He replied provocatively.

"So I just took ownership of you and your penis. Gosh it must be my lucky day." I smirked.

"Says who?"

"Me nigga."

Zoey scoffed. "Nigga please. You can't handle grown man dick."

"Shut up. I hate that word."

"Dic-"

"Yes! Shut the hell up." I scoffed and laughed afterwards.

Suddenly he grinned then leaned over to my ear. My mouth dropped after hearing the dirtiest shit ever. I pushed him away and folded my arms. What have I gotten myself into.