❝ kami ❞

Zonnique

"Sissy can I go use the bathroom?" Kami asked getting out of the pool.

I looked up from my magazine and nodded. "You need me to come-"

"No!" She giggled. "I'm almost six."

"Okay then. Come right back here when you're finished babe."

"Kay." She skipped off.

I flipped to another page and began reading this article about Kim Kardashian. She's so overrated. Out of the three sisters, I like Khloe the most. She isn't superficial like the others and she's funny as hell.

"Valentine?"

"Who... oh." I looked up to see that guy Isaiah. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head. "H-Hey."

Lord forgive me but he is one sexy motherfucker. I didn't notice back in New York but whatever. He had on a pair of red Ralph Lauren swimming shorts. His body was in perfect shape; chiseled and toned. I couldn't help but stare.

"What are you doing in Florida?" He asked.

"Uh just here with my sister and some friends. You?"

"I came to visit my family, they live down here."

I nodded. "Coolness. You never called me either."

"I've been busy." Isaiah smiled at me. "But maybe we can hang out now by the pool."

I grinned. "Sure."

With that, I got up and lifted my cover-up off revealing my pink tribal bathing suit. We both got inside the pool which was freezing cold. I dipped myself all the under getting my body adjusted to the water. As I lifted back up, I saw Isaiah raising his eyebrow at me.

"What?" I laughed moving my wet hair from my face. He shrugged and splashed me. "Isaiah!"

"It was an accident!" He chuckled showing his pearly white teeth.

"Yeah right."

"Where are you from?"

"I was born in Atlanta but I grew up in New York."

"You have a little accent."

"Yeah." I smiled. "You're from Florida?"

"Born and raised." Isaiah said confidently.

"I'd love to live down here. The weather is beautiful and I love the attractions." I gushed with a sigh.

"You should live here then."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You wouldn't understand." I replied swimming to the deeper end of the pool. I didn't even want to go into detail. My life is so complicated.

Isaiah followed me and frowned up his face. "Valentine-"

"My name is Zonnique." I informed him.

"I figured that wasn't your real name." He quipped.

"Mhm."

"Smile."

"Huh?" I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"You have a beautiful smile." He complimented causing me to blush unintentionally.

I smiled, a bit too much, revealing my dimple. "Well thanks."

•••

An hour passed and I had just left from the disney amusement park with Isaiah. We got on so many rides but my favorite was the teacup one. I made him get on that with me about five times. Overall he's a pretty cool guy and he makes me laugh without even trying. The time was now four o'clock and I was walking with Isaiah. We both had on our Mickey Mouse ears hats with matching t-shirts. He bought them from the gift shop. They're super cute. lol I looked down on my phone to see a text message from Zoey. Damn I forgot to text him back earlier.

Zoey:

Where are you and Kami?

"Kami!" I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Huh?" Isaiah looked at me with confusion. My eyes began watering and I started shaking.

"M-My sister! I haven't see her since earlier." I panicked.

He widened his eyes. "Oh shit. Where's the last place you saw her Zonnique?"

"B-By the pool."

Isaiah grabbed my hand then, we ran to find the pool. My heart was beating so fast and I was scared. I'm so fucking stupid. I forgot all about her earlier. She's probably crying or looking me for me as well. Once we made it back to the pool I frantically searched everywhere for her. I even asked people if they saw her but everyone said no.

"What does she look like?" Isaiah asked me with a worried voice.

I held up my phone, showing him my lock screen.

"Aight I'mma go look by the playground and you go over my the arcade."

"O-Okay. Thank you so much." I thanked him and unlocked my cellphone.

To Zoey:

Zoe I lost Kami! Can you please meet me by the arcade? :(

I slipped my phone in my pocket and quickly ran, looking around for any sighs of her. I hollered her name repeatedly expecting to hear her voice- but no. My heart was beating through my chest but I never stopped running.

"Kami!" I yelled running inside the arcade. I hurried over to this employee and panted. "Have you seen a short light skinned girl, with long hair, pink bathing suit and a bucket hat?"

He shook his head no. "I'm sorry maam-"

"Can you perform a search or something? That's my little sister, please I'm begging you." I cried hysterically.

The man sighed then pulled out his walkie talkie. "We have a missing child. I repeat we have a missing child. African American young lady, bathing suit, hat, and long hair."

"What now?"

"Our security are going to start looking for her."

"Okay.."

Suddenly I saw Zoey jogging towards me. "Zonnique what's going on? How'd you lose her?"

"Earlier she askes to go to the bathroom and I asked did she want me to take her. Kami said no then left. Then a couple hours later I realized I didn't have her with me."

He sighed. "So you were sitting at the pool for about two hours and ain't notice she was missing?"

"No I was with my friend Isaiah. Then you texted me and I realized she never came back from the bathroom." I explained, wiping my face.

Zoey raised his eyebrow. "Who the fuck is Isaiah-"

"Does that really matter?"

"Yeah it does. While you sitting there smiling in some nigga face, you forgot about your fucking sister." He scoffed and walked away.

I sniffled and walked out of the arcade. He acts like its my fault she never came back. I saw security guards escorting people out, making it easier to find my sister. Kami could be anywhere in this huge ass park. I know she's scared. I'm fucking scared.

"Zonnique." Isaiah called causing me to look up. He was holding her tie dye bucket hat causing me to cover my mouth. "I found it over by the food court but she wasnt there."

"Oh my god..."