❝ threats ❞

1 Week Later

Zonnique

I jumped higher on the trampoline, doing a backflip in the process. Currently Kami and I are at skyzone. We've been having a blast. I can tell she's never had this much fun before. My aunt is too strict so I know she doesn't allow Kami to have fun. That's why I stayed in New York when my parents went to the army. I can't deal with her bitchy attitude. Kami jumped higher stretching her arms in the air. She giggled hysterically causing me to smile.

"Look sissy!" Kami said trying to get my attention. I looked over at her and smiled.

"Good job babe."

"Im having so much fun!"

"I'm glad you are." I looked down at my phone seeing I had a new text message. I opened it up and began to read.

Unknown:

You thought I'd let you get away that easy?

My eyebrows knitted together quickly. Is this suppose to be a joke or something? I shook my head and slipped my phone into my pocket. For another hour I allowed Kami to play until she was exhausted. After leaving skyzone, I headed home and got ready for tonight. I've already missed several days of work because of Zoey. He's out so I don't have to worry about any distractions. I arrived home around eight o'clock and bathed Kami. I washed her up using rose scented bubbles and strawberry for her shampoo. She played with some toys for a few minutes then I drained the water and wrapped her in a pink towel.

"Sissy are you leaving?" She asked in sleepy voice, rubbing her eyes.

I dried off her body then picked but some undergarments. "I have to go to work. I need you to be a big girl and stay here for a couple hours-"

"By myself? What if the monsters come!?"

"Kami, monsters aren't real." I laughed slightly while brushing her damp hair. "I promise baby."

"Otay.. but can you read me a story before you leave?" She asked softly as her eyes drooled. I could tell she was extremely tired and she'd be sleep soon.

I nodded and allowed her to pick a book. Kami chose little mermaid just as I suspected. I always read this to her when she was younger. It amazes me how she still remembers. I sat on her bed and began reading. Throughout the story Kami yawned and rubbed her eyes constantly. Towards the ending, she closed her eyes and sunk into a slumber. I closed the book, then kissed her cheek. Honestly I was skeptical about leaving her here alone but I don't want to lose my job. Bad enough the bills in here are so damn high. Just this one time. I looked back at Kami and sighed before walking to my room.

•  •  •

I flipped myself upside down, sliding down the pole gracefully. It was starting to become easier since I practice at home sometimes. So far I've mad about fifty bucks in an hour. It's Thursday which isn't a good night for tips. They're aren't many guys here so we're working extra hard tonight. From afar I saw a guy waving me over at his table. I squinted my eyes to see who it was but the face wasn't familiar. I shrugged and walked down from the stage, making my way over to him. He was a brown skinned guy with short curly hair and nice features. His smile was white and he had beautiful eyes.

"How may I help you handsome?" I ask in a sultry but seductive voice. It's something that's mandatory. We have to portray ourselves as whores which I hate. It's so degrading and sexist.

"A lapdance maybe?"

"How much?"

"Two hundred."

I hesitantly bit my lip then nodded. I grabbed his hand and lead him to the private room. He sat down on the plush couch, while I locked the door and dimmed the lights.

"No touching, no talking. Got it?" I scoffed.

He smirked. "Why not?"

"Because I said so. Now shut up."

"Fine." He held his hands up in surrender.

I straddled his waist, moving up and down on his lap. He bit his lip slightly looking up at me. I closed my eyes imagining it was Zoey. That made things alot easier and I became comfortable. I turned around grinding onto his lap. He grabbed my waist but I moved it away. I slightly rolled my eyes and finished up the lapdance. Ten minutes later, it was finally over. I got off of him and cut the lights back on.

"Where's my money?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Damn. For a stripper, yo ass sure is mean." He mumbled and dug into his pocket. He pulled out two crispy hundred dollar bills from his wallet. "Here."

I took the bills and slipped them into my bra. "Thanks." With that said I began to walk out until he grabbed my hand.

"What's your name?" The boy asked me.

"Valentine." I said giving him my work name.

"Your real name."

"That is my real name."

He sucked his teeth. "Forreal?" I nodded and refrained from rolling my eyes again. "Well I just wanted to tell you, you're beautiful."

I fakely smiled and batted my eyelashes. "Thank you."

"I know its sudden but can I have your number?"

"No you may not. I don't mix business with pleasure sorry." I flipped my hair off my shoulder. "And I don't know you."

He smiled. "My name is Isaiah."

"Look I gotta get home and-"

"Just give me a chance."

I deeply sighed and looked at his face. "I'll give you this business card but that's it. I'm not available just to let you know."

"Damn who said I wanted you in that way?" He joked and took the card.

"Whatever bye."

•  •  •

I walked out before he could say another word and went to my dressing room. I have no interest in him whatsoever. He isn't even my type. He's one of those pretty boys. Besides I think my feelings for Zoe are getting pretty serious. I smiled at the thought of him while putting on my clothes. I miss Zoey already to be honest. I may just call him over or something tomorrow.

Once I clocked out, I headed out to my car and quickly drove home. I arrived ten minutes later parking my car right outside. As I got out, I noticed the lights were on inside. That's strange. I cut them all off before leaving out. Hmm. Kami must've waken up in the middle of the night. I hurried up to the front door and unlocked it. I walked inside my house then gasped.

"What the fuck..."

I looked around noticing broken glasses, and graffiti writing all over the walls. It looked like someone raided my damn house. I immediately panicked then paced around. Then I realized something. My sister was upstairs the entire time. I jetted up the stairs and ran into her room.

"Kami!" I screamed in horror, seeing that she wasn't in bed. My heart began beating fast and I frantically searched. "Kam! Kam!"

I ran to my room hoping to see her sweet little face but nothing. Tears poured down my cheeks thinking about what could've happen. Someone probably kidnapped my little sister. It's all my fucking fault. I nevet should've left her in alone. What the fuck was I thinking!? I pulled my hair and paced around the room angrily. Suddenly my closet door opened and Kami peeked her head out.

"Niq-Niq?" She whispered.

I snapped my head into her direction and dramatically sighed. "Kami Pullins don't you ever scare me like that." I picked her up, squeezing her tightly.

She cried softly into my shoulder. "I'm scared..."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Two bad men came in. I saw them from the stairs so I ran to your room and locked myself in the c-closet. They made loud noises and said bad words." Kami stammered in a fearful tone clutching onto me tightly.

"Dammit..." I mumbled.