❝ side affects of you ❞

Zoey

I got out of my car and jogged up to Alana's parents porch. Unfortunately she's still living here with them. I knocked on the door twice and dug my hands into my pockets. Moments later the door opened revealing Alana's mother, Elena. She's hispanic and black. Her and Lana are almost identical. Elena doesn't like me because she thinks I brainwashed her daughter. I didn't force Alana to do shit. Everyone just sees her as this innocent girl, which she is but not all the time. Elena looked at me with a hand on her hip giving a annoyed expression.

"Is Alana here?" I asked.

"Mhm." she mumbled allowing me to come inside. "Tell her don't close that door either, Grown niños culo.."

I sucked my teeth and headed upstairs. Before even making it all the way up, I heard Dante crying. I twisted open the knob to her room and walked inside. Alana was putting on his clothes so he was slightly cranky. She looked up at me with a relieved look.

"Gracias a Dios! Tu padre ya está aquí.." Alana sighed.

"You know I do not speak taco bell."

She laughed. "Hush, where have you been?"

I picked up Dante and sat down on her bed. "You know where I been."

"Zoe how long do you plan on doing this?" She asked in a saddened tone, looking up at me.

"Doing what?"

"Selling. I don't want anything to happen to you. Dante needs you in his life, you're like the best dad ever."

"Alana I know but this is all I know and this is something i'm good at." I explained with an inaudible sigh. She wants me to stop hustling but I just can't do that right now. It's not even an option to me honestly.

"That is not true. You're smart as hell Zoe, like seriously."

"I don't even feel like talking about that right now."

"Fine." She held her hands up in surrender and opened her textbook. She's always on there studying. Alana had to repeat her senior year because of her pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like its my fault but then again, it takes two people to make a baby.

I grabbed Dante's bottle and began feeding him. He began eating, reaching his hands up. My eyes widened seeing him hold the bottle. He's only about nine week old so this wasn't expected at all.

"Damn lil' nigga you trying to grow up already." I sighed dramatically and shook my head. "You see this Alana?"

She continued writing. "Yeah."

"You're not even looking-"

"Zoey I'm busy." She groaned and looked up at me. "Besides he's been doing that for a week now." After hearing that, I got up and grabbed Dante's carseat. I don't everything feel like dealing with her attitude right now.

I strapped him in the carseat then threw the diaper bag over over shoulder.

"Where you going?"

"I'm taking him out for a few hours since you're bitching and shit."

"Zoey-"

"Bye."

Before she could say another word I was down the stairs, headed our the door. I ignored Elena's smart ass comments the entire way out. I put Dante in the backseat and strapped the seatbelt around him. Once he was fully secured, I got in the front seat and started up the car. I pulled off then looked down at my phone. Alana was calling so I pressed answer.