❝ redrum ❞

Zoey

I groaned in frustration and sat up from my bed. Who the fuck can be at my door this late? I trudged ouy of my room and to the front door. I peeked out the peephole to see Zonnique standing in the rain, holding her baby sister. Immediately I opened the door and moved aside to let them in. She sniffled then laid her sister on the couch. I noticed she was crying which confused the hell outta me.

"Zonnique what's going on?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

She continued pacing and pulling her hair. She always does that when she's mad. "I put my sister in danger that's what's wrong!"

"Huh?" I scrunched up my eyebrows becoming curios.

"Somebody broke into my house while I was working and Kami was there alone." She sighed. "She was smart enough to hide until I got home. If they would've laid a finger on her, god..."

"Shit." I mumbled running my hands down my face. "Did anything weird happen since Alex died?"

"Meaning what?"

"Has anyone fucked with you?"

"N-No but I got this text yesterday." She said softly showing me the phone.

I read it and shook my head. "Somebody has been watching you Zonnique. Probably some niggas that fuck with Alex."

"Oh my god..." She sighed. "Then they wrote the letters GGF all over the walls."

"Don't sweat this shit Zo."

"I cannot go back to my house now. They know where I live. I have to find a cheap apartment somewhere." She ranted.

"No you don't. When I told you I got you, I meant it."

Zonnique pulled herself into my arms, and buried her face into my chest. I picked her body up then carried her to my bedroom. I laid her on the bed and began putting my clothes on.

"Zoey where are you going?" She asked sitting up.

"I'll be back by morning."

"Please don't do anything stupid."

"I can't say I won't." I admitted and leaned over. I kissed her forehead.

"I love...goodnight." She said nervously and ran a hand through her hair.

• • •

I drove around for a couple hours until I finally found the address. It was Alex's older brother named Ryan. I knew he wouldn't try and harm Zonnique but he had knowledge on who would. I hopped out the car and jogged up to his front door. I knocked on the door twice then stuffed my hands into my pockets. He opened the door and scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion.

"Zoe? What are you doing here?" He asked in a weird voice.

"I need to talk to you."

"Aight." He moved aside and allowed me into his home.

I walked inside and followed him to the kitchen. I sat at the table across from him, folding my hands together.

"So what are we talking about?" Ryan asked and cleared his throat.

"Your brother's death. How'd he die again?" I asked as if I didn't know.

He sighed. "Someone shot him according to the news." He seemed nervous which made me curious.

"Aye can I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah first door upstairs on the right."

I nodded and made my way upstairs. Something wasn't right with Ryan. As soon as I bought Alex up, he started acting all weird and shit. He's hiding something. I walked past the bathroom and went to his bedroom. I flicked the light on then began looking around. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I cursed under my breath and started to walk out then something caught my eye. I never checked the drawer by his nightstand. I crunched down and opened the drawer. It was a tan colored folder. I opened it up then raised my eyebrow. A picture of Zonnique sitting in her car. I continued looking the folder to see more photos of her. Son of a bitch. I snatched up the folder and walked back downstairs. Ryan was sitting at the table twiddling with his thumbs.