❝ drastic measures ❞

Zonnique

After Zoey left out the gas station and informed me about everything, we went straight back to the hotel.  I went over to Alana's room and searched for her phone. Moments later I found it on the nightstand. I opened Alana's cellphone and searched for her boyfriends number. Since he supposedly has them, I need to make sure. I found the name Travis and dialed up his number. The first couple times he ignored. Then I realized he wouldn't answer because of the caller i.d. I decided to call from private and put the phone on speaker. Zoey sat beside me on the bed.

"Hello?" A male voice answered trying to disguise himself.

"Look if you have my little sister and Alana, you need to let them go. What the hell is your problem?"

He chuckled. "Zonnique Pullins?"

I froze immediately. "How do you-"

"You worked for my uncle Victor. Isn't this a coincidence?"

Travis. Travis. Travis. I sucked my teeth and sighed. I remember him being in the warehouse when I'd go make drops for Victor. He always acted like a creep but I never paid it any mind.

"Can you please let them go Travis?" I asked.

"I'd rather not."

"Please! That's my little sister, she needs me."

I heard him scoff. "Does it look like I give a fuck?"

"Come on man."

"Look, I'll give you your little sister if you can get me fifty thousand dollars within two days." He said. "If not I promise you'll never see her again."

My mouth dropped. "Fifty thousand dollars?! I don't have-"

"Two days." Travis repeated and hung up in my face.

I buried my face into Zoey's chest, sobbing softly. Fifty thousand dollars? I don't have anything near that much money. Then to get it in two days. That's just impossible man. Zoe lifted my head up and wiped my face with his sleeve.

"Stop crying Nique. That's a sign of weakness and you're not weak. Don't show that nigga the satisfaction. We gon' get that money."

"How?"

•••

I sat on the bed looking up things on Google. 'Florida Banks' to be exact. I know it sounds insane but we're thinking about robbing a bank. Neither of us have the money so its time for drastic measures. My parents left money for Kami and I but we can't get it until I'm twenty one, unfortunately. So this is our only option as of now. I found this one back called Florida Capital Bank. It wasn't too far from where we are and they're loaded. The only fucked up part, they are filled with security guards inside. I moved my tongue around my cheek then looked at Zoey.

"Do you really think we can do this?" I asked.

He gave me a funny look. "I've done it before when I was sixteen. It is hard unless you know how shit operate inside."

"We don't know Zoey!" I threw my hands in the air.

"Calm down. I'll go inside since I've done it before and you just drive." He said in a reassuring voice.

"No. What if you get hurt or something?"

"Zonnique." He turned my face back towards him. "You need to toughen back up and stop acting soft. I'm not gonna get hurt aight." He kissed my lips softly causing my stomach to drop.

"Okay."

"We'll go tomorrow night and give him the money by the next morning. But you gotta be on your shit Nique. Anything can go down and we'd be caught."