❝ teach me how to love ❞

Zoey

Aggravated, I groaned and hopped back into my car. I've been in this mood ever since the other night. I fucked up- majorly. I don't know why but seeing Zonnique with someone else just made me, mad. Whether she was messing around with him or not, I still didn't like it. I guess you could say I was jealous but whatever. I'm sure she probably hates me and I would if I was her too. I did come off a little harsh and heartless towards her. Maybe I should at least try and apologize or something. I drove home from making my last sells then jogged up to the front door. I went inside and sat down on the couch, starring down at my phone. I contemplating for twenty hold minutes the sucked in my pride. I held the phone up to my ear, waiting for an answer.

"Hey you've reached Nique. Currently I'm away from the phone right now so leave a message at the beep-"

"Nique it's Zoey, I need to talk to you now." I left the message and sighed in frustration. Should've seen that one coming anyways. She's stubborn as a bull so I doubt if she calls back.

I dialed Alana's number and waited for an answer. Luckily I heard her answer after two rings.

"Hello!"

"Hey, you called earlier?" I asked leaning back against the couch.

"Yeah I just wanted to know if you could watch Dante tomorrow while I'm at school. If you don't mind."

"I'm busy tomorrow."

"Zoey please!"

"Okay I'll pick him up in the morning." I replied.

She sighed. "Thanks. So why are you in a bummed mood mister?"

"Nothing."

"It's about your girlfriend." Alana quipped, correctly causing me to roll my eyes. She always know whenever something is wrong.

"She ain't my girlfriend but yeah."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes."

"Would you do anything for her?"

I raised my eyebrow. "Yeah.."

"That's your girlfriend and I'm sure you guys had sex before." She stated.

"Well we're not even talking right now."

"Oh my god. What did you do man?" She asked dramatically.

"Why it gotta be me?"

"Look I'll be there in a sec bye."

Before I could speak, she hung the phone up in my face causing me to suck my teeth. Other than Zonnique, Alana was my only female friend. We've known eachother ssandbox days though I was older than her. Hopefully she can help me make things right because I ain't trying to lose Nique. She making me feel soft as hell right now. I got up off the couch and went into my room. I took a fifteen minute shower, then brushed my teeth afterwards as usual. I put on a pair of my nike basketball shorts, matching t-shirt and socks. As I began putting my deodorant on I heard a knock at the door. It was obviously Alana so I finished up and went to the front door. I opened the door to see her standing there.

"Why you dressed like it ain't forty degrees out here?" I asked as she walked inside.

"I was in the house with this on." Alana laughed and sat on my couch.

"Mhm. Where's Tae?"

"Home, sleeping. I didn't want to bring him out so late in this weather."

"Oh aight."

She nodded. "So tell me what happened."

I told her the entire story from what happened at the hospital and to now.