Pretty Little Mind

Lying here in silence, so in love but so afraid. I'm not gonna deny it, I have never felt this way.
-Kiss Goodnight, Tyler Shaw

••••••••••••••••

I can't let Caleb and his family come to any harm. I won't be able to forgive myself. What if I move to another country? Then he won't get hurt. I wipe a tear from my eyes and sit up straight.

"Don't cry Dani." Someone says. I look over to my window and see Caleb on the other side sitting on a chair. I walk over to the window and roll my chair over to sit on it. "Why is he after you?" I say wiping away another tear that managed to slip. He sigh and looks away. I decide not to push him if he's not ready.

"I'm hungry!" I whine changing the subject. He chuckles and grabs something from his mini fridge in his room. I know right... A MINI FRIDGE....IN HIS ROOM! He tosses me an ice cream cone and I thank him. I walk up to my balcony and climb up onto the roof. After a while, he jumps over to my balcony and climbs the roof sitting beside me. I open my ice cream from the wrapper and lick it.

Caleb opens his as well and starts eating it. I drop my cone on the ground and face palm. "Nooo! My ice cream!" I pout looking at Caleb who is eating his ice cream slowly. He looks over to me and then looks at his ice cream. "Can I have it?" I ask smiling. He moves the ice cream closer to my face and smears it on my nose. I roll my eyes and smile at him. I wipe off the ice cream and lie down on the roof. He lies down beside me and my hearts starts to race.

What the hell is happening to me? Why is my heart racing. Do I like him? No, it's just Caleb. Annoying, Stupid Caleb. The boy who plays with girls and skips class. How could I possibly like anyone like him. I don't, I don't like him. I repeat those words in my head and look back up at the starlit sky. "I have to go now. It's getting late." I say and climb down back to my room. I can't like him.

I'll just ignore him for a while and it'll be fine. It's just temporary.

••••••

I walk into the classroom and spot Caleb. He waves at me but I ignore him and take a seat at the front of the class. I turn around and see Caleb with a frown on his face. I feel guilt rise in my stomach but I push it aside. It's best if I stay away. I don't want to get too attached.

The bell rings and I walk out of class before Caleb can approach me. I walk down the cafeteria and spot Ally. I run up to her and push her out of the door. she gives me a quizzed look and I just nod at her. "Why are you ignoring me?" Caleb says making me jump. "I'm not ignoring you. I'm just don't feel like talking to anyone today." I pull my sleeve down nervously. He smiles at me and walks away. "See you on the roof tonight" He calls out after me. I sigh and look up at Ally.

"I think I might have feelings for Caleb." I say and see the smile growing on Ally's face. "I KNEW IT!" She squeals clapping her hands. "#Daleb!" Ally screams into my ear. "#Bally" I scream back and she blushes. "Ok, maybe I might have feelings for Brian." She says slowly looking up. I try to hold back my scream but I can't. "YES! I KNEW IT!" I fist pump the air and Ally pushes me lightly.

"Are you going to tell Caleb about your feelings yet?" Ally asks curiously. "I don't even know if I like him or not. It was just a one time thing. It was late at night, I was tired and I probably felt something that wasn't real." I walk back into the building to grab my books from my locker.

"Ugh, you like him, just accept it." She says rolling her eyes playfully. "But, it's Caleb we're talking about. The schools bad boy who plays with girls, is always in detention, the asshole who always makes me roll my eyes-" "But makes you smile right after" She states cutting me off. "He plays with girls because he hasn't found anyone who can keep him happy. he's in detention for making the class laugh. He seems like a jerk but he isn't." Ally says smiling.

"What if he dates me and then leaves because I can't keep him happy." I say looking down. "He won't break your heart. He cares about you and he wouldn't date you to break your heart. Anyway, think about what I said. I've got to get to class." She calls out waving at me.

I walk back to class thinking about what Ally said. Maybe she's right but I still can't tell him. I don't even know if I like him yet, so confessing to him is totally out of the picture.

••••••••••

As soon as I get home, I sit on my bed thinking about Caleb. Why? I have no idea. I try to focus on the math homework piling up in front of me but fail. This is so frustrating! "Missing me?" Caleb smirks while climbing into my bedroom. He has no idea how much I missed him. Wait, what am I saying? He walks over to me and laughs. "The math homework is so easy." He writes down the steps and answers the question in less than a minute. I check the answer from the back of the textbook and notice that it's in fact right. "The bad boy is secretly a geek. A One Direction, math brainiac." I retort and he glares at me. "I'm not smart. You're just dumb." He fires back and I scoff. "I'm smarter than you." I say trying to defend myself. "If you're smarter than me, then why didn't you know how to do the math homework." He questions.

I couldn't focus because all I could think about right now is Caleb. Boys are annoying. They mess up your brain and cause weird feelings inside your stomach. I hate this.

"What are you worrying your pretty little mind about?" Caleb asks concerned. See, he says stuff like this and expects me not to fall for him. This is so unfair because I know he doesn't like me back. 

I need a vacation...

A.N

I'm so sorrrrrrryyyy! I know I haven't updated in a while but school is killing me. In the meantime, you can read Infinity, another one of my stories! I am also currently writing the sequel to Infinity so it's kind of hard to stay on top of everything. Butttt, I adore you guys and I adore writing so I'm still going to do it even if the updates are a bit slow. Also, I am going to be putting up song lyrics for each chapter that go with the chapter if that makes sense. Vote, Comment, and follow me to know when I update.

-Disneytrain