Chemistry and Confidence

The exam results are out and I couldn't be more stressed. I rush to my classroom and try to push past the people crowding the board. I finally squeeze my way through and search for my name.

Daniella Montez
English- 92%
Math- 89%
Drama- 100%
Chemistry- 95%

I sulk my head down as I see my math mark. I've always been rubbish at math ever since grade 1. I scan over my marks again and smile. I did get over a 90 on the rest of my subjects which is amazing!! I walk over to Caleb and Ally and ask them what they got. They both got 80-90s which is amazing. I'm so proud of them!!

"Guys let's celebrate!" Brian says putting his arm around Ally. "Party at my place." Scott pitches in smiling. They all cheer and I just laugh. I head over to my car and drive home, excited to tell my mom my results.

I push past the door and see my mom with my chemistry teacher. My eyes widen at the sight of them kissing. This is so weird.

"Oh my- Dani!" Mom calls out embarrassed at what she had done. "You didn't tell me you were going to start dating again." I speak out with tears in my eyes. I rush upstairs and shut the door behind me.

A few minutes later, I hear the front door shut and my mom making her way to my room with Tyler. Tyler's face looked pale and I'm pretty sure he saw exactly what I did.

"Look, your dad passed away 12 years ago and I loved him with all my heart. But, I think it's time for me to move on and I'm sure your father would be happy to see me move on. I'm sorry I didn't talk to you guys about this before." Mom says sighing.

"Are you over dad?" Tyler asks. "I haven't been happy for 12 years and I'm still in the process of healing." She responds almost immediately.

"But, Mr. Velar?" I ask almost disgusted. No offense to my mom but the thought of my chemistry teacher and my mom making out is gross. Mr. Velar is really sweet but it's going to take me some time to adjust.

"Howard is very sweet, Dani. Being with him, I've seen a change in myself." She says blushing a little. I have seen a change in my mom. She comes home happier and she started baking a lot now which is a hobby she left behind once dad passed away.

"Well mom, if you're happy then we support you." Tyler says giving mom a hug. I nod my head and then give her a hug too.

"Mom, I have a party at Scott's today! I need a dress." I remember and then quickly grab my keys. I give my mom a kiss of the cheek and punch my brother in the arm before bolting out.

I roam around the mall searching for the perfect dress. My eyes land on something and I quickly try it on and pay for it. Ally is going to be so proud of my choice!

I rush home and do my hair and makeup as fast as I could and then quickly drove to Scott's house. I push open the doors and enter the noise filled house. I spot my friends and make my way over. "Hey guys!" I shout over the loud music. They all face towards me and freeze.

"OMG DANI"
"JHEEZ"
"DAMN SHAWTY"
"THAT'S MY GIRL"
they all scream out to me at the same time and I chuckle. I have the most supportive group of friends ever.

I feel like over the past year, I've become more confident in what I wear

I feel like over the past year, I've become more confident in what I wear. I believe that Caleb played a significant role in that. He's the one who told me to wear the sweater and skirt outfit to brag to Dylan. He really helped me to shape into the person I am today.

I smile up at him and he wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you." He says kissing me. I take his arm and drag him to the dance floor and naturally everyone follows. We all dance the night away feeling accomplished for such an amazing year we had. I'm really going to miss this...

AN
Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I've been super busy. But, on a bittersweet note, we've reached the second last chapter of the book!!! My next update will be my final one and I just want to say that I've had so much fun writing for you guys! Y'all have been the most supportive people ever! Thank you for showing your love continuously for the past two years!

Like, share, comment

-disneytrain