Covered Tracks

"The damage is done! There's nothing we can do about it anymore." I sigh delivering my lines for my drama presentation. The plot of this is so stupid. Why would a firefighter run away from a fire? Sometimes I don't understand what goes on inside my teachers head.

The bell rings and I walk out of the classroom to meet my gorgeous boyfriend. I can't believe I can finally call him that. I hold his arm as we walk down to the cafeteria. As soon as we walk past the large purple doors, everyone's attention changes to us.

I gulp and walk down the crowded room. "Excuse me" Claire pushes my arm off of him and places her hand on his cheek. Caleb pushes her off and takes my hand guiding me outside. Before we leave, he shouts "she's my girlfriend, not you!" A smile creeps up on my face and I blush lightly.

We take a seat underneath the tree and look at each other for a while. My stomach starts to grumble so I pull out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and split it with Caleb since he didn't have a lunch. He takes a bite out of my sandwich and smiles. "I think that this is the best PB&J sandwich I've ever had." He kisses my cheek and takes another bite.

I had already devoured my sandwich, but I was still hungry so I pull out little juice boxes and Caleb starts to laugh. "You're so cute." He chuckles while grabbing his juice box.

I see Dylan walk by and when he spots us, he starts to laugh. "Caleb, I can't believe that you actually settled for her. I mean, you had Claire at your fingertips but you chose this nerd." He spots the empty juice boxes and sandwich wrappers and begins to laugh even harder.

"She's not only a nerd but also a child. Man, you really trapped yourself badly." He chuckles folding his arms crossed against his chest. "Dylan, your incompetent brain could not understand basic biology, let alone love. You can't even look past the looks of girls. You're as disgusting as they get." I state, pushing myself off the ground. I drag Caleb down the bleachers and find a seat furthest from Dylan.

"You're confidence has grown a lot this past year. Obviously it's because I entered your boring life and made it amazing." He says shooting me a wink. "Seriously, I'm proud of you." He takes my hand and I lean my head on his shoulder. I wish I could stay here forever with him but alas the bell rung signaling everyone back into torcher.

The rest of my classes went by pretty quickly and soon enough it was time to go home. "Thank god it's Friday." I say getting into the car with Caleb in the drivers seat. He drives past the dull school and to his house. We get out and he drags me up to his room.

Out of nowhere he kisses me. "Dani, there's no one home." He says with passion in his eyes. I start to smile and wrap my arms around his shoulder. I get on my tip toes and kiss his lips. His hands travel to my hips and around my butt. He picks me up and pushes me against a wall.

He begins to kiss my neck and little sounds escape my lips. Suddenly, the door shoots open. "Caleb, I think I-oh my god, I'm so sorry." Natalia screams covering her eyes and races out the room. Caleb closes the door and begins to kiss me again. I push him off and smile. I walk over to his bed and lie down. His bed is so soft, I could easily fall asleep here. He lies down beside me and hugs me tightly.

His phone starts to ring and he groans. He picks up the call and his mood suddenly changes from cheeky to anger. I wonder who called him. He hangs up the call and I look at him with worried eyes. "Caleb, who was that?" I ask holding onto his arm. "It was Blake. I'm going to go see him." He says. "I'm coming with you." I blurt out but he shakes his head and kisses the top of my forehead.

I really hope he's okay.
•••••••••••
Caleb's POV

I walk into the building with my gun in my jacket. "I thought I told you to never step foot in Canada again." I say folding my hands. Blake turns around and is holding a girl in his hands. "Dani?" I whisper. Tears run down her face and  she tries to speak but her voice is muffled.

"I sent my guys to do me a favour." He smirks at me. I pull out my gun but he starts to laugh. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He chuckles pulling out his rifle and pointing it to Dani's head. I immediately put the gun back into my jacket and Blake lowers his gun.

"What do you want?" I say shoving my hands into my pockets. "Bring me your mother and sister, and i'll let Dani free." He says pushing Dani to one of his bodyguards. She falls to the floor and I try to run over and help her but Blake points his gun at me. "I'll give you $10,000." I blurt out raising my eyebrows at him. He takes his gun out once again and points it to Dani. 

"Sweetheart, let me tell you a story about your beloved boyfriend. A couple years ago, Caleb smuggled illegal drugs from Australia to New Zealand. I covered his tracks but the police were still after him. That's when Caleb left to Canada with my wife and daughter. That's why he won't call the cops on me because if he does, he goes to prison as well." He says smirking. I look over at Dani's face and see pain in her eyes. She shakes her head in disbelief but Blake just laughs.

"It's true, but I smuggled those illegal drugs under your name, so my record is clean." I explain smirking. "That's not possible!" Blake shouts smashing his glass which is full of alcohol on the floor. "I covered your tracks." He shouts and the vein on his forehead begins to pop. "You didn't actually cover anything. Because you're so lazy to do anything yourself, I payed our assistant to make it look like my tracks were covered, but in reality there was nothing there."

Outside the doors, sirens start to blare and the cops barge through the doors. "If you step foot in Canada again.." I pause and laugh. "You don't even want to know what will happen to you. Oh and by the way, I filed a restraining order against you from myself, Dani, her family, and my family." I walk over to Blake who is now in handcuffs and smile. "When I get out of prison, you will pay!" He screams as the police drag him out of the room. "Oh, you're getting a death sentence for the kidnapping, illegal drugs, smuggling, and many other horrible crimes you've done. I guess i'll see you in my next life." I spat at him.

The cops dragged him away and I let a little sigh of relief escape my lips. I run over to untie Dani and embrace her tightly. Tears slip out of her eyes and I quickly wipe them away. "You're okay now." I whisper in her ears and hold her in my arms. "I will never let anyone hurt you again. I promise you that as long as i'm alive, there is no one that will dare to lay a finger on you." I place a soft kiss on her forehead and she leans on my shoulder. There is nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for Daniella Montez.