With you

"ouch" I slap my hand for the third time in the past minute. Caleb thought it would be a great idea to go to the park at night. I feel like I've gotten ten mosquito bites but on the other hand, Caleb hasn't gotten any. 

"How do you not have any bites?"I say pushing myself on the swings. "I don't know. I don't think that they like me." He says smiling at me. He loves how miserable I am right now. I swat my hand again and finally get up. "Let's go home." I whine stopping my feet on the wood chips. He laughs and pushes himself up as well. 

He opens the door for me and I step inside relieved. I take a seat on his couch and go under the duvet. He turns on the tv and flips through the channels while groaning. "Ooo put on The Greatest Showman!" I say sitting up straight. He chuckles and puts it on.

"Are you ever going to tell me who you wrote about?" He asks breaking the silence. Nervously, I look down and then meet his eyes. "You wrote about me didn't you?" My breath hitches at his comment. How does he know that?

"I know you like me Dani and I'm not creeped out or anything. I actually find it cute." He says making me smile. "Well, I'm sorry I wrote about you even if you don't find it creepy."

"Don't apologize for your feelings. If I'm being honest, I kind of hoped it was about me." He says making me snap my head towards him. He told me he didn't feel the same way. Why would he want me to write about him?

"When you told me you wrote about another guy, I got jealous. I thought about your story a lot and I know how I feel about you now." He takes my hand in his and continues. "Dani, I really like you and I would love for you to be my girlfriend." As the words slip out of his mouth, my heart stops. 

"Caleb, what are you doing?" I stutter trying to find the words. "I know you have a lot of questions but you have to trust me because I want to make this work. I promise, I won't hook up with girls behind your back or do anything to make you upset. I want you to be happy and I want to be the one making you feel happy." He finishes and locks his eyes with mine.

"Caleb, you know I want to be with you far more than anything else but what if it doesn't work out?" I ask, the smile fading from my lips. "I promise to make it work. I will try so hard because I've realized that I'm happy with you and I hope i'm not too late."

 I know that I want to be with Caleb but i'm just scared. I know that I shouldn't be but I cant help it. I've never felt this way before and I don't know what to expect. I look over at him again and sigh. I think I'm going to do it. I know that if I don't I will regret it.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." He smiles up at me and attacks me into a hug. "I couldn't be with anyone else." I say as he kisses my forehead. "But, you have to stop hooking up with girls." I say and he nods his head. "I would never do anything to hurt you. I promise." I smile up at him and snuggle into him. "I would never hurt you." He whispers to me softly.

I know he wouldn't. I just know...

AN

Such a short chapter I know but this needed to be done short and sweet. I hope you guys are loving the story so far! Like, comment, share

-Disneytrain