Goosebumps

Like an astronaut that's scared of heights, with a heart that's beating at the speed of light. You've been waiting for this feeling all your life, sometimes it's just hard to realize.

-Fire and Gold, Bea Miller

••••••••••

I've been thinking about Caleb nonstop. He's constantly running through my mind and it doesn't help the fact that I see him everyday. I don't even know if I like him or not. It's complicated.

"Hey, do you want to go to the mall with me today?" I put my books in my bag and walk towards the school doors with Ally walking by my side. "Is that even a question?" She squeals. We walk towards Ally's car and just as i'm about to sit, Caleb calls my name

"Hey, movie night? My place?" He puts his hand Ally's car door and wiggles his eyebrows at me. "I can't. I'm going shopping with Ally." He frowns for a split seconds until Ally pitches into the conversation. "We'll be back before 8. She's all yours after that." I shoot Ally a glare but she just smiles at me.

I can't believe her. I'm trying to stop thinking about him but noooo, Ally here wants to play matchmaker. I roll my eyes and nod at Caleb. He smiles before walking away. I get into the car and cross my arms.

"Oh come on, we all know you're just dying to get some alone time with him." She says smirking. "No I'm not. I just don't want to get attached." It's true. What if I'm one of his toys. He's always playing with girls. He even told me that he doesn't 'do' girlfriends. I just don't want to get my heart broken.

Once we reach the mall, I unbuckle my seatbelt and close the car door behind me. We enter the mall doors and Ally pushes me into a shop. I look over at racks and notice a beautiful maroon top. I check the price and my eyes go wide. Yep, not so beautiful anymore. I walk over to Ally and she already has five pairs of clothing in her hands.

Ally is a shopaholic but she does give a lot of her clothes to charity and some to me. Her clothing sense is similar to mine which is why we always go shopping together.

"Dani, look at this!" I walk over to her and she holds a beautiful dark blue dress in her hands. "We're throwing a party tomorrow and my mom told me to invite you. My family and a couple other friends are coming as well. It'll be fun so you better be there." She claps her hands together and shows me the dress. It's absolutely stunning. "Oh, you have to bring a date." She says slowly but I still manage to catch it. A date? Are you serious? "You're joking right? How am I going to find a date by tomorrow?" I face palm looking at her dead in the eyes.

"You could ask Caleb." She adds smirking. There is no way I'm going to take Caleb with me. He'll never agree. "Ask him tonight when you go over to his house." I look up at her and shake my head. Why does the universe hate me??

.............

I stare at the dress and sigh. I'm just going to do it. I knock on Caleb's window and he pulls it open. He smiles up at me and I crawl through it. "You made it!" He cheers. I look at the piles of blankets on the ground, popcorn, chocolate, and the movie Aladdin. "Omg this is so cute." I smile up at him and he returns it.

I take a seat on his bedroom floor and pull the blanket closer to my chest. I take a deep breath and look back at him. "Um, Ally invited me to a formal party that her family is hosting and Ally would kill me if I didn't go but you need a date and I don't have one." I ramble shutting my eyes. "I'll go with you." He says making my face light up. "Thank you so much. I honestly thought you would say no."

"Why would I turn down a chance to go to a party with you?" he smirks at me and heat rises up to my cheeks. I cover my face with my hair to hide the slight blush creeping up. "I don't know. You might be busy." I lie. Why would he want to go with someone like me? I couldn't tell him the real reason. No way. "My dress is dark blue so make sure you match with me." I say as he plays the movie.

I can feel his body heat radiate onto mine as he moves closer towards me. Goosebumps form on my arms and my heartbeat quickens. He looks down at me and swings his arm around my shoulder. My skin tingles at his touch. I place my head on his shoulder and close my eyes taking in his scent. I smile to myself and fix my eyes on the tv. I don't know what this feeling is called but I love it. I love the way it takes over my body, my mind, and my heart.

AN

I am so sorry. I kept you guys waiting for two months. I have been soooo busy and I couldn't keep up. More updates are coming up soon. I love you guys so much. Thanks for your patience.

-Disneytrain