Torture

I walk through the school halls with my face buried into my hoodie. I finally make it to my locker and neatly place my books inside. I sigh and close the locker. As I continue to walk down the hall I see Caleb. My eyes go wide and before he can see me I turn around and walk away.

I've been avoiding Caleb for the past week. We haven't spoken. Not even a smile in the halls. I'm so aggravated over what he did. Why did I think that he would be any different. If there's one thing I've learned from all of this is that boys are tools.

"Hey." Brian says and I stop in my tracks. "Hey." I reply back in a low voice. "Caleb didn't me-" He starts but I interrupt him. "Please stop. I don't want to talk about it." I rub my forehead and then throw my head back.

"I'm sorry. I've just been feeling like shit lately." I feel guilty. Why do I have to spill my anger onto him. Brian didn't do anything. "Understandable. Boys are tools." He grins and I nod my head smiling slightly. The bell rings and I walk towards the front entrance.

Finally I can go home and not see Caleb...oh right he lives right beside me. I roll my eyes mentally and get into my car. I start the engine and play music to get my mind off of him.

Once I reach home I run up the stairs. I'm just about to lay on my bed when the doorbell rings. I groan and rush downstairs to answer it. Ally bursts into my house and runs upstairs. I shut the door and follow her to my room.

"I'm gonna help you get over Caleb by having a girl day!!" She squeals. "I'm over Caleb." I say crossing my arms over my chest. She rolls her eyes and I groan because she's right. "Okay, what are you going to do?" I sit on the bed while she turns on the speaker. "Since you've lost sleep over him it's time for payback!" She turns the music on blast and starts dancing in my room.

She grabs my hand and forces me to dance with her. we scream the lyrics out and laugh. Caleb opens my window and stares at me with anger visible in his eyes. "TURN THAT DOWN!" He screams. I laugh and Ally turns it louder. We continue to dance around the room.

Caleb gets angrier by the second. He slips into my room and makes his way over to the speaker. Ally blocks him and I run away with the speaker. Caleb bolts after me but I quickly toss the speaker to Ally. I run back to my room and Caleb follows.

He trips over a cable and all the lights in the house go out. Noooo!!

I grab the candle on the side of my bed and light it up. We all sit around the candle and Ally turns off the music. "Finally some quiet." Ally looks up and me and smirks. I give her a high five then look at Caleb. He's so angry.

"Why are you torturing me?" Caleb says calming down a bit. "You did torture me so I guess it's fair." I raise my eyebrow at him but he just rolls his eyes. "I never asked you to love me." He retorts. "And I never asked you to be in my life. Guess we can't all have everything we want." I look down fighting back tears.

"I never loved you Caleb. Love is a strong word. I liked you a lot. Maybe that's why it hurts so much." I choke out. Caleb was about to say something back but then Ally interrupts. "Omg guys. You're both so annoying. Caleb loves you and you 'like' him. It's so simple honestly. You both have had something in the past that is stopping you. I don't know about you Caleb but Dani is over her past."

I give her a death stare and then look over at Caleb. Is he blushing?

"I don't love Dani okay." He says defending himself. Ally rolls her eyes and raises her hands up in surrender. The light suddenly runs back on and we all quickly get up. I blow out the candle and look back up at Caleb. "I should go now it's getting late." He waves goodbye and then leaves from the window.

"Ally why'd you have to say that!!" I burst at her and she smiles. "It's time you guys talk things out." She says and then hugs me goodbye before leaving.

Talk things out with Caleb? There's nothing to talk about. He's a jerk and a liar. I want nothing to do with him and his perfect brown eyes...and his sculpted abs. And his chocolate brown hair. What am I saying?

He's a jerk. I repeat to myself. I really hope this doesn't turn into love. I don't think I can handle heartbreak again. Not after what happened last time. Ally may think I'm completely over it but I'm cautious. I will never let another boy break my heart like that again. Ever.

AN

I really don't have much to say tbh. I hope you liked this chapter. Like, comment, share

-disneytrain