The Letter 'C'

Is love really real? How is it possible to love someone but know that at one point, you have to let them go. Sometimes it's difficult to accept this. I know that I love Caleb but I also know that once I graduate, I'm going to have to let him go.

I know that he is not going to love me anymore after we graduate. I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the future, but I know that I have to take this risk. Sometimes in love, we have to take risks and keep fighting. I can't keep living in fear because I'm afraid of the unknown.

Life is too short to dwell on what could happen. Our future depends on the actions we take now. We have to choose love over and over again, even if it hurts you. Without love, no one can survive. Whether it's love from family, friends, or your partner. Everyone needs someone to love. Even if I lose you, I'll still cherish our amazing memories together.

I walk over to Caleb's house and step towards the door. I raise my hand towards the door and knock. He opens the door and meets my brown eyes. I gulp and step inside his house. He glances over to his couch and I take a seat.

"We need to talk." I say looking everywhere but into his eyes. "Caleb, I love you. I always have and I always will, but you and I are so different. You're the most popular guy in school and I'm just some nerd."

"That doesn't change the fact of how much I love you." Caleb responds. "I know, but it's just that fear. That fear that you're going to leave me for someone better, like Clair. You two are both so popular and the entire school loves you guys together." I look into his eyes and sigh.

"Dani are you insane? The entire school loves us together. People who I don't even talk to come up to me and tell me that we make such a great couple. I know I've made mistake in the past but I promise to never ever hurt you like that again." He looks down at his pocket and puts his hand inside. He pulls out a necklace with the letter 'C' on it.

"We're both made for each other." He clips the necklace around my neck and smiles. "Will you please be my girlfriend again?" He asks with a glistening look of hope in his eyes. I nod my head and hug him tightly.

He holds me close to him and takes a deep breath before whispering "I love you". I smile brightly at him and and kiss his cheeks. I love this man more than anything.