Chapter 3. An Old Friend

As i walked in the woods to look for the next member of RWBY, i heard grimm around me, i got my weapon out and got ready to attack, there seemed to be too many for me to take down, but i wasn't ready to give up. "Heh, thought i would be done for the day but seems like i'm not dead now, ain't that right salem, i know that you know what i'm doing, i'm fighting til' the war's won, and nothing is going to hold me back." i said to the grimm before i started slaughtering them with their blood on my blade, i started using my semblance and started to go faster than usual, i started tricking them by using blake's semblance and started going all out. Later i found my self standing in the blood of the grimm laughing at the dead because of their failure. Then, as if luck would have it, a grimm attacked me from the back and injured me, luckily, i killed it before it did any more damage to me or anyone else. I then sat down against a tree with my weapon still out just to protect me from any more grimm. "Must ...keep...moving." i said to myself as got up and kept walking. I saw a house in the clearing with two people outside for what seems that they're training. I then dashed towards the clearing, they've seen me so i asked for help. "Need assistance, please help." i begged "yang, stay back, said tai yang "tai, it's me, help me" i said as i passed out on the grass below me "oh my god, yang help me get him inside!" yelled tai yang.

"He has been unconscious for three hours, i don't think he's alright dad" said yang. " i don't care if it takes a year for him to be conscious again, we need him here." said taiyang. "Stop arguing, you guys are giving me a headache." i said. "Jack, you're alive." said tai. "Alive, yes, but feeling good, different story, and before you start asking why am i here, and what happened is what i'm about to say, i came here to talk to yang and maybe help her out with a few things. What happened was that the,evil grimm, came and ambushed me, but here i am, alive and hurt. Ah, and you must be yang xiao long, i'm blackjack, i was friends with your family when we were at beacon. Team STRQ, the so called best, you know we would've won that title." i said with much confidence."yeah, if your team was still alive." said tai. He was good friends with my team, raven too, but Qrow and summer, were not really friends with them, they were friends with me, they wouldn't let anyone get near me without their permission, it was, pretty funny."watch it tai, you know who the better hunter is." i said."if you, are such a good hunter,then why did you not save them in time, oh, or is that too soo-" " i said watch it tai, you know what my face was like looking at them die, and don't even get me started on what you didn't do in time with summer." i said with anger. " yang, i need to talk to you about a few things, okay?" i asked " yang, don't you da-" " tai, do you want her to die" i said."no." finished tai. Me and yang walked into her room, when we did i closed the door and the conversation started."why do you need to talk to me for?" asked yang as she looked at her arm for a good reason to not talk. "How did that happen?" i asked."a man named adam did this" said yang. "You're not the only one yang,look at this,this is my arm, a grimm bit it off and your father's team had taken me to the infirmary, and out came me. A hunter with a robot arm developed from atlas." i said. "Atlas, did you meet general ironwood?" asked yang. "Yeah, but the funny thing was he wasn't a general at the time, he was just on patrol, just one stupid soldier about to fall, until i came in." i said. "What happened to you after your team, you know, die on you." asked yang. "They kept me in, not because i was the best there but because i was all that's left,when i was on a mission solo, it was the worst, i didn't think i was going to make it, i thought would die there, until the warm summer came by and saved me, it was a miracle that only the hand got replaced. Then after that, they just let me go back to my home, after a few drinks with qrow here and there, i got back up and trained, that's how i found out i had a very special semblance." i said. "What semblance?" asked yang. " a semblance that has many, one that has everyone's yang, including yours." i answered. "Anyway, i should get to the point anyway. I came here to simply tell you that RWBY needs you, especially now, yes i know you are unable to fight under your condition, but you can still fight, do what i did, train until you are ready, use more than just fists, use your feet to fight." i said. "I can't." said yang. "Fight in the world when it just turns south anyways?" asked yang. "Because, we need to live yang, i lost an arm and almost my life and i'm still fighting, ruby is still fighting and think about all the things she's lost, she is just a kid and she is still fighting for what's right. You don't see anyone giving up in the middle of battle, so why just sit here and crush yourself to think you are nothing in this world. you are what you are, and yang, you are a warrior." i said as i put my hand on her shoulder. Yang was just about to speak as tai yelled across the house. "Guys, we have bandits here!". I dashed out from the door and went to a window. "I can handle them." i said. "What, no, you can't go out there they will end you." warned tai. "That's not the first time i heard that from someone who cared about me before." i replied. I walked towards the door to go outside and get rid of the bandits, i then looked back at yang and said. "Watch and learn kiddo.". And after that, i went out into the world once again.