Chapter 8. Atlas

I walked towards the gate where atlas guards were waiting for me. "Surrender now or we'll shoot you down!" said one of the soldiers. I Surrendered and they took me inside the palace where i'll see the schnee once more. We were in the hall walking to the where the schnee family was waiting for me. We passed a few statues representing the strongest of the grimm. We were at the door of the office, and ironwood was waiting for me. He motioned the soldiers to stop so he could talk. "Thought you were dead jack. Why did you come back if you knew you would get captured?" he said. For a while, i just looked at him, then i came out with something. "Why fight each other while we can fight the grimm?" i said. He looked at me then motioned the soldiers to move inside. Once inside i saw the whole family. "When i first heard of you, i couldn't believe ironwood, but then i did remember someone wearing black at beacon academy in the fall. Those fights, were you the only one on that team? I was very surprised that you made it to the finals, against the girl." he said. I got angry at what he said but then i quickly calmed down. "Why am i a fugitive to you, sure i snuck into the palace without your permission, but it was for a good cause." i explained hoping he'll let me free. "Oh, and what's that cause you have for the heiress, to the schnee dust company?" he asked. "That's classified. Only me and a few others get to hear about it." i said. He looked at me with a little frustration, then he started again. "Well, if you mustn't tell me, then maybe weiss can tell me, hm? I'll get the answer either way." he said with a grin. He looked at weiss, and so did i. "He,came to tell me that i should go help my team on their adventure. Ruby rose is our leader and wants to avenge her fallen friends. I was thinking about it." her voice trailed off into nothingness. "Well, ain't that a shame jack? Your so called, ally, told me everything about your mission. And i am sure, that i will not let weiss go help her friend." he said as i walked to a wall to lean on. "Do you think that just because you lost your team and survived an ambush by yourself than it can happen to everyone?" he said. Silence was in the room, i didn't think that but i didn't want to say anything. "Everyone out, now." he said. Weiss, winter, and what seemed like their brother, got out of the room, especially the guards, it was just me and the ice king. "Jack, why do you do the things you do?" he asked. I looked up at him, he was standing up now. "It was after i went to mistral. All the crime got to me so, tried to stop it all, only panic can bring the grimm. The reason why i started this mission is to make sure the ones that have passed, they didn't die in vain. She's not a little girl anymore. She's a young woman who has gone through things possibly more than you, loss, grief, separation, even love. Don't you think it's important to have her, isolated in this, god forsaken palace forever like she's some damsel in distress. The parent always lets their young fly, and so far, you're not letting her.". He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and walked towards me. He just looked at me, then something i didn't think of what he'll do, he hugged me. "I know what your plan is, don't do it. Now get out of my home." he said. He let go of me and i walked out the door. There i saw ironwood and the rest, it seemed like there were waiting for me. "Well, that's the end of that." i said making a conversation. "What are you going to do now? Asked winter. " stood there making sure i want to confirm my choice. " i'm going after Salem." i said. Ironwood gave me a look. "Salem? You can't beat her that's suicide!" he said. We both looked at each other. "Do you honestly think he's dead, she's strong, but not that strong." i said as i was walking down the hallway. "Jack he's dead, there is no arguing about it!" he said. I looked back at ironwood. "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see your self a villain, and apparently, my team, is full of heroes." i said as i walked down the hall to meet my fate.