o n e | Him & Her

Karan's Point Of View
°°°

"Sumedh Rai Singhania, how dare you talk to me that way?! I am your father! You have to respect me and my decisions! ", said Mr. Vinod Rai Singhania to his son who stood looking rather dejected.
"I-I didn't mean to talk that way father. I'm really sorry. ", Sumedh replied in his normal low voice looking at the floor.
" Look what you have done! You are completely useless and I can't deny it! Listen to me carefully, anymore mistakes will not be forgiven. So if you do another mistake mind you I'll convince myself to throw you out of this house! Did you get it?! ", saying so walked out of Sumedh's room, grumbling to himself.

Sumedh slowly sat down on his bed.
I went and sat beside him. By looking at him nobody could ever say that he was so weak and soft - spoken. He had the typical billionaire looks, tall, dark and handsome with a muscular body. But well, he wasn't a typical billionaire. He was completely opposite. A very soft - spoken, shy and well behaved man even if those adjectives don't really suit with the word man.

He wore half rimmed spectacles and had a clean shaven face with short hair.
" Am I that bad, Karan?", he asked in a voice just above a whisper.
" Oh no! No.. You are not!", I said immediately.
" Its just that you did a mistake but that's okay. Seriously.", I replied as he looked at me with numb eyes. His weakness were his emotions.
" I want to stay alone. ", he said as I got up to leave. He stood up and opened the drawer and took out his inhaler. A patient of asthama you see.

I slowly walked out when my phone rung.
It was Mr. Vinod Rai Singhania.
" Yes sir.", I said.
" Karan I want you to find a girl for Sumedh as soon as possible! I cannot tolerate his nonsense any more!", I heard the gruff male voice say.
" But sir..I doubt if he will-"
" I don't care. I want the name of the girl today !", saying so he hung up the call.

I was sure that Sumedh will not marry anyone but Mr. Vinod was not going to understand that. I didn't have a choice but to visit the house of the only girl I thought was good enough for Sumedh.

It was Radhika Agarwal.

I walked out of the Singhania House towards the car that I had been gifted by Mr. Vinod on my birthday as he considered me much like his son or maybe better.
It wasn't long before I was walking in through the gates Radhika's house.
I rung the bell. After a while Radhika opened it. She was the perfect definition of an ideal girl.
She had long dark brown hair with brown eyes. She was the best of what a man could get, Beauty with brains.

She helped me in.
" So mister what brings you here?", she asked in her normal gleeful voice.
" Your marriage. "
" Oh really? With whom..handsome? You..?", she said playfully.
"Definitely not, my Lady.", I said in the same manner as she patted me on my back and edged closer to my ear and asked,
"Then who did you find for me?"
"Someone.", I said with a wink as I walked into the solem Agarwal house.

But one thought bothered me..
Would the shy Sumedh ever be able to manage the outspoken Radhika?

°°°
Author's note:
Okay, I know this is a short chapter and is mainly introductory.
Tell me what do you think about Radhika and Sumedh's characters?
Will opposites attract?
And yes, the beginning of this story is in Karan's Point Of View, who is Sumedh's friend.