t w o | When He Met Her

"Who is it..?", She coaxed as I sighed and said,
"Sumedh Rai Singhania."

"No! I'm not marrying your dumb friend!", Radha said immediately.
" What's the matter? ", I heard Mr. Agarwal say.
" Oh hello, sir!", I said with a pleasant smile while shaking hands with the man.
" So? What brings you here, Karan? ", he asked.
I told him about Sumedh and he definitely seemed happy about the marriage proposal and immediately agreed irrespective of Radhika's disgust to the complete issue.

I was soon back to the Singhania House standing in Mr. Vinod Rai Singhania's room showing him Radha's picture.
" Are you sure she'll suit Sumedh? ", he asked.
" Yes sir. She's the perfect match..I fine think Sumedh will get anyone better than her. But Sir will he marry her? ", I asked the last question completely unsure.
" Don't worry. He will. ", Mr. Rai Singhania said with determination.

Being an arranged marriage it was normal for the bridegroom's family to visit the to - be bride's house to get things settled for the marriage. Sumedh was really not happy about it but as we know he didn't have the guts to deny to his father's command.

Therefore next day me, Mr. Vinod Rai Singhania and Sumedh were sitting on a sofa at the Agarwals'.

Just then Radhika walked into the living room with tea on a tray for all of us.
She was in a red saree looking like some celestial woman. Her long black hair cascading down to her waist with slight make up and lipstick, she did look like the girl of one's dreams. Not mine, although I had never seen her that way. I was sure even Sumedh had been looking at her dumbfounded.
She slowly walked to each of us and were given a cup of tea by her. She came to Sumedh at last. She slowly picked up the cup of tea and as he was going to take it in his hand she purposely dropped it on him as he stood up yelling in pain.
" Oh! I'm so sorry! ", Radha said immediately while Sumedh seemed to be in a lot of pain due to the hot tea which had burnt his hand.
" Take care dear.", Mr. Singhania said in a cool voice as if nothing had happened but Mr. Agarwal seemed more tensed knowing that it was no mistake.

He immediately asked her to take him to the washroom and put running water over his hand so that he could have some comfort.
She took him to the washroom expecting a scolding from Sumedh but to her dismay he didn't even  blame her. He quietly placed his hand under the running tap water.
" Did that hurt?", she asked trying to sound concerned.
" No..I'm fine.", he replied in pain and for the first time Radhika felt bad for the man who's hand had been burnt by her.

I had followed them because even if Radhika was my friend I didn't really trust her.
Sumedh walked out of the washroom followed my Radha who looked sad.
" Why did you have to do this him?", I asked her sharply.
" What is your friend made of? He knew that I had let the tea fall on him purposely but he.. He didn't even blame me or talk to me about it..", she said, a hint of sadness and regret in his voice.
" Sumedh is not like anybody you have ever met. He is different. I don't think you can find anybody more capable and better than him. ", I said keeping a hand on her shoulders.
" Maybe you are correct.", she mumbled as she walked past me, in deep thought.

°°°
Author's note:
How was it?
Tell me in the comments section!