s i x | Care

Third Person's Point Of View
°°°

Radha walked into the room to find Sumedh sitting beside the window on a chair and look at the sky as if talking to someone out there.
" Are you okay?", Radha asked as he stood up rubbing off his silent tears.
" Yes..", he said in a numb voice.
The blood on his nose had been rubbed off and he looked near to normal except a bruise on his  forehead.
" Look at that bruise! ", Radha said noticing it and walking up to him.
" No.. It's .. It's okay.", Sumedh managed to say but as she was she immediately got the first aid box from a drawer and pulled him up to the bed and made him sit as if he was a child.
" You don't have to-"
" Quiet! Who asked you to fight with that strong brother of yours? ", she began while putting some ointment on the bruise.
Radha continued,
" Why? Why do you have to do such things I don't understand?! I don't believe that brother of yours.. What if he killed you..!?", she said angrily now putting the bandage.
" I did it for you.", Sumedh said slowly.

Radha stopped and looked into his eyes and for the first time their eyes actually met. It was a while before Radha looked away and said, blushing slightly,
" You.. You don't have to do such things for me. ", she said putting the things back into the first aid box.
" I don't want anybody else to have a familiar fate as Rukmini. ", Sumedh said standing up from the bed.
" And if required in order to save you, I mean to say anybody else from that kind of a fate I can die also.", he said the last sentence correcting the term he had used unknowingly.

Radha stood up beside him as he turned to leave. She pulled him by his arm. He stopped.
" What was wrong if you had said that you could die for me?", she said giving up all her thinking powers for the first time.
Sumedh looked back at her, astonishment clearly showing in his eyes.
" I'm.. I'm sorry.", Radha said realising what she had actually said.
Sumedh walked back to her.
" Don't for God's sake. Don't care for me. Because all it will cause you is pain. Its not that there's anything wrong about you, its just that it's wrong about me. I have loved Rukmini all my life and will love her till I die. ", Sumedh said walking away.

" Why do you think I care for you?", Radha asked going with the moment, losing all her thinking powers once again.
Sumedh walked a step closer with only an inch difference between their bodies,
" Because I can feel it. ", he replied looking into her eyes.
" Then your feeling isn't wrong, Sumedh. It isn't.", Radha said looking back into his eyes, searching for the same feelings for her which she felt for him.

Sumedh moved back getting himself under control before his emotions would let themselves loose.

" I.. I need to go for work.", she said looking away from Radha who too immediately came out of her trance.
Sumedh turned to leave.
" How can somebody love a person this much that even after her death he doesn't let go of her?", Radha asked.
" If there's only one person in this world who loves you then that is how you love another person back. You love her forever.", Sumedh replied before walking out of the room.

°°°