f i v e | His Past

Sumedh's Point Of View
°°°

" Oh! See your wife's here, brother.", it was Sourav Rai Singhania. Sourav looked exactly like me except that he held a gun in his hand and didn't wear spectacles. He wore a leather jacket with denim jeans and stood with a wicked smirk plastered on his face.
Along with I stood hoping that the police would arrive on time someday, I had already called them.

" Don't you dare.", I said, my voice turning stronger by each syllable.
" Oh really? Who will stop me? You?", Sourav asked his smirk widening.

I had always loved his younger twin but Sourav had always disliked me. He was an arrogant brat who liked doing things his way, all the time.

" Yes. ", I replied. I knew Radha was looking at me, with one doubt - could a man like me fight just for her sake?
" Fine then, lets fight.", Sourav said placing his rifle back into its case.
And he walked forward towards me. I did not want to hurt him. Nobody could deny that I was no match to him and soon I lay on the floor with blood flowing out of my nose and mouth.

I was breathing heavily as I slowly rubbed off the blood, it was painful, but isn't that exactly what I had gone through my whole life. Radhika came and knelt beside me as she helped me sit up. Tears flowing down her eyes.

Radhika's Point Of View
°°°

" So.. Now what?! Why don't you just give up? ", Sourav said smirking wickedly.
" What harm has she done to you?", Karan asked while sat helping him get up. Tears streaming down my eyes. He was just too good to be true. He knew he'd be defeated but even then he found for me.

" She hasn't done any harm to me.. It's you! You have done the harm and thus she will have to pay!", just then the alarm on the police van was heard.
" Smart of you Sumedh. Nevertheless I'll catch up with you later.", saying so he immediately fled from the backdoor.
As the police walked in the were informed about his fleeing as they too left hoping to catch hold of him this time.

"Are you okay?", Karan immediately walked up to Sumedh.
" Yes.", He replied, he was sitting now.
"I'm fine.", Sumedh said as he slowly stood up. I left his hand as he slowly walked up to his room in pain. Or maybe he removed my hand from his.

" Who was it?", I asked Karan rubbing off my tears.
" Sourav Rai Singhania, Sumedh's twin brother and exactly opposite to him. His rivalry with Sumedh began with Rukmini Raichand, the girl Sumedh had loved so dearly and still does. Sourav was also in love with her but then she had always loved the simple and sweet Sumedh. Sourav had been jealous and soon his jealousy became the reason of Rukmini's death.", Karan said, his face with an unpleasant expression, as if remembering the scene of her death.
"I and Sumedh were caught from behind by some others in Sourav's gang and in front of us was Rukmini who was being harassed by Sourav. Sexually Harassed if I may say. And both of us could do nothing. After we were left Rukmini who was unable to tolerate the pain of all that had happened with her suicided. ", He said as I gulped.

How very inhuman..

I turned to look at Sumedh who had just got up the stairs and walked into his room.
" Can we do nothing about his pain?", I asked, feeling really bad for him.
" How does his pain bother you? ", Karan asked. Of course it was astonishing for him.

" I don't know but there's something about him. He's everything a girl wants but the only thing he has to do is fight for what he loves.", I said as I walked up towards his room without looking back.

Most probably this was just sympathy.
Hopefully, it was just sympathy.

°°°