f o u r | "Why Do You Detest Me.."

Radhika's Point Of View
°°°

Sumedh was loosing his breath. I immediately bent in front of him as I lifted him face reluctantly but seeing no other way to save him I placed her mouth on his mouth pumping air in it. Mouth to mouth resurrection, as it was called. I had learnt it for some purpose.

After a while I moved away as he sat up looking at me, shocked. His face was tear stained all thanks to the pain he had just gone through.

" I didn't have a choice.. You couldn't be saved in any other way.", I stammered turning beet red.
After catching his breath Sumedh stood up.
" Thank you.. Thank you so much..", he said as he pulled me into an embrace as he cried like a child.  Somehow, something stopped me to push this man away from myself as I slowly wrapped my hands around his muscular physique.
" Its.. It's okay, Sumedh. ", I stammed hugging him back.

" I don't know you well, Sumedh but what is it? ", I asked him as his grip slowly loosened on me.
He immediately got control of his emotions and he moved away from her rubbing his eyes to wipe off the tears.

" No.. It's just the fear of death which came out in the form of tears. ", he replied as he slowly stood up still in shock of what just happened.

He walked towards the sofa which was not pretty comfortable.
" Umm wait.. Can't we sleep together on the bed... I mean..", while talking I walked up to the bed and placed the side pillow in the center of the bed dividing it into two equal parts.
" Maybe.. If you'd like. I don't mind.", Sumedh said in his normal nervous voice as he walked back to the bed and laid on one half of the bed. I too took the other half.

" Sumedh can I ask you something? ", Radha asked.
" Yes", came the reply.
" Why are you so different? I mean men are usually strong and as of billionaires they are normally strick and rude then why are you this way?", I immediately regretted framing the question that day.

Damn you Radhika!

There was silence for sometime before Sumedh spoke,
" I really don't know.. I have a brother, a twin brother to be precise. He is the type you just described a billionaire should be, not me. If my character bothers-"
" Oh no! Don't get me wrong! I.. I didn't mean to say it that way.. I'm sorry.", I said immediately completely embarrassed of my stupidity.
" You don't need to apologize.. I am pretty used to this.", Sumedh said while my guilt knew no bounds. Of course I did not want to hurt his feelings. How very stupid of me.

"Can I ask you something?", He asked after a while.
"Hmm.", I said, still embarrassed.
"Why do you detest me?", He asked softly. I immediately sat up and turned at him.
"I don't detest you! I'm sorry.. I did not want to frame the question that way!", I said turning red.
"Don't worry, I'm used to getting detested. It's just that I wanted to know why you?", He said sitting up. His breathing had become normal now.
I shut my eyes in irritation. I edged towards him and said,
"Sumedh I'm sorry. Please.", I said feeling tired. He nodded looking away.
"It's okay.", He said before lying back and shutting his eyes.
I sighed and fell asleep.

Next morning when I woke up Sumedh was already gone. I got freshened up. As I walked out of my room I heard the sound of a bullet being shot. I froze at the door. Then came the voice which seemed pretty similar to Sumedh's, except it was much more confident.
" Where's your beloved wife, Sumedh? ", said the voice with a hint of amusement.
" You will not touch her.", said Sumedh's voice but with less confidence.
" Let's see.", The other voice said, cruelty dripping from it.
Unknown to the danger that stood in the living room I ran downstairs.

°°°