f o u r t e e n| Belief

" Do you trust me, Radha? ", he said moving away.
" Yes... I do trust you, I believe on every sentence you spoke. I believe you.", she said rubbing his tears off with her hand.
" I.. I have pledged to keep utmost secrecy, I cannot break it.. I'm sorry.. I can't tell you who that man was and why he was here. ", Sumedh said.
" If it is so, then it is.. I believe you.", she said with a smile.

Why are you doing this for me?! Why?
He thought looking into her brown eyes which only reflected her love for him.
" Come sleep.. Look its half and hour off. Come on..", she said now turning away when he held her hand.
" What are you made out of? I lied to you, to the whole world and you say you trust me.. Why?!", he asked.
" I am made out of love.. And as of believing you, I don't know.. My heart said you are not doing anything wrong and I believed you.", she said with a smile.

He walked up to the other side of the bed, opened his shoes and laid down. He turned towards Radha who was fast asleep facing him. He slowly placed his hand on her cheek.
" I don't know how you fall asleep so quickly..", he said.
" As if you see me sleeping every night..", Radhika said with her signature mischievous smile, opening her eyes.
" So you were awake, huh?", Sumedh said being himself.
" That I was..", she said removing the side pillow between them.
" What are you up with? ", Sumedh asked as she pushed towards him with only a gap of inches.
" Why? After all you are not the shy Sumedh.. Are you? Even if he's a lot more cute but you are okay this way also..", she said with a smile.
" Oh I see... So you want to take advantage of me, is it? ", he said with a mischievous grin, much unlike what he had been like. But this was much better for him, to be himself.

" Oh yes..Mr. Sumedh Rai Singhania.", she said coming closer to him.

She placed a hand on his cheek and said,
" Maybe you have been  acting.. But you didn't act since you were a kid.. Then? ", she asked.
" Yes.. That is true. I was shy and weak when I was a kid, exact opposite to Sourav but when time went by I fell in love with Rukmini and I changed just for her.", he replied and his eyes showed that he wasn't lying.

The words 'for Rukmini' stung Radha but she didn't show him.
" Oh.. I see. Then why did you not tell anyone? ", she asked.
" Because that would have been revealing my and Rukmini's love. In fact even Karan hadn't known about Rukmini until the last day of her life.. When Sourav had harassed her.. Not before that. I wanted to keep it secret.", Sumedh said looking straight into Radha's eyes.

" I see.. Secretive you are, aren't you?", she said removing Rukmini from her mind for a while.
" Yes.. That I am.. Now, stop researching on me and sleep.. Tomorrow is really important. ", saying so Sumedh turned to the other side and shut his eyes.

How insensitive!
Radhika thought as she too turned towards the wall and fell asleep.
I shouldn't have told her all that.. I shouldn't have! How stupid of me! But did I have a choice? She is the first and last person in this world who has ever trusted me.. I can't break it.. For I know my feelings towards her are not gonna change.. Even if I can't tell her now about them.. I'll tell her tomorrow, on her birthday.
Sumedh thought as he fell asleep.
Little did he know that Radha's birthday was going to be the worst day in their lives.

°°°