m a t s ū r a

Matsūra Kanan x Reader

Requested by: Connor_-Lucas07

Oneshot

•••

You were laying down beside Kanan inside the shrine. You could hear soft snores coming from five other girls as you comforted Kanan. Who knew she could be afraid of the dark and all that. Just this afternoon, she was scared of creaking sounds inside that she hugged a pole. And then you. Which was surprising seeing as you never saw this side of her.

"Kanan, I know you're awake. Go to sleep." You sternly said, covering your eyes with your arm. "I can't help it. I feel scared." She cuddled closer to you, making you wrap your arms around her. "You know, I never knew that you were scared of the dark. It's pretty cute." You quietly giggle. She buried her face in your shoulder and mumbled something barely audible. "You can't sue me if you don't have a lawyer." You looked at her, just in time to see her blush.

"The rain seems to have stopped. How 'bout we go outside?" You suggested. You waited for a response, which she hesitantly gave. "Alright." You stood up and grabbed her by the hand.

xXx

You brought her up onto the roof of the temple, getting a good view of the stars. "The night's not so bad once you look at the bright side." Kanan was admiring the view of stars, so were you but you admired something much more beautiful. She was all you needed to be happy. After all, who wouldn't be when you could call Matsuura Kanan as your girlfriend.

The both of stayed on the roof for a bit. Just to make Kanan more comfortable in the dark. "Kanan, we should go. It's getting cold." You beckoned for her to follow. You walked down the roof slowly so as to make sure none of you gets injured. Once fully down, you went inside the temple, expecting Dia to be awake. "Well, looks like Dia's asleep." Kanan mumbled.

The both of you quickly went to your spot and went to sleep. At least Kanan did. You couldn't sleep. You turned to face Kanan but she was facing the other way. You took this as a chance to say the three words you felt embarrassed to say in public. "I love you, Kanan." You kissed her temple before laying down. Somehow, it made you satisfied enough that you were able to fall asleep.

xXx

The faint chirping of birds woke you up as you stood up to see everyone still sleeping. "Kanan, wake up." You softly shook Kanan awake as she rubbed her eyes. "We should go to Chika's place now. They're probably waiting." She slowly nodded and the both of you woke everyone else up.

"Now that everyone's up, we should go." Dia ordered, though she was still swaying a bit. Still sleepy. You took Kanan's hand in yours as you walked to Chika's inn. "So, how was your sleep? Did you dream of something? Or maybe me?" You smirked at her making her blush.

"I guess I did dream of you. A bit." She softly said. You blushed in a bit of surprise, but that didn't stop you from teasing her. "What was it about? Perhaps you had a wet dream, about me~? Or maybe, we got too spicy?" you smirked. Her face began to go red and her face began emitting steam. "PERVERT!!!"

•••

And this was when I was in an online argument with someone I didn't even know. But it's about time I reflected on some past actions. And that's on growth.