t a k a m i

Takami Chika x Paralysed!Reader

Requested by: Hanamura1

Oneshot

•••

You watched the TV as you were laying down on the hospital bed. Outside, a few teens were tossing around what seemed to be a mikan. You ignored them and continued watching. "If only I could walk..." You sighed to yourself as you turned the TV off. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. You were slowly falling asleep... when a mikan came crashing through your window. Your eyes bolted open and you saw a mikan that was on the floor.

"Ah!!! I'm so sorry," a girl with orange hair came bursting into your room, bowing her head repeatedly. "It's okay." You wave off her apology with your hand. "I find it rare to see people anyway, since. . . I can't really move around." You say softly. "I've seen you around this area but I never got the chance to talk to you." You grin widely once you looked at her. Her mouth was slightly ajar. "That must have been shocking. Don't worry. Many people react the same."

"Could you... wait for me? I just want to grab something." she suddenly said. You nodded. The girl quickly ran out. "What was her name?" You ask to yourself.

xXx

A few minutes later, she came back with a basket of fruit. Mostly filled with mikan. "You didn't have to do this, y'know. Besides, we just met." She suddenly pouted. "What's wrong with giving you fruit? You're kind anyway." She grinned widely, which made you feel all fluffy inside since no one gave you a smile like that before.

"I'm sorry, for the window. Again." She said as she picked up the mikan that crashed through your window. "Don't worry about it. Like I said, there's hardly anyone who comes here." You waved off her apology before getting a mikan from the basket. "These taste good!" You exclaimed.

xXx

Everyday, Chika came to visit. Sometimes with a few friends. They were called Aqours or at least that's what she told you. One time, you revealed to her that you had no legs and that you couldn't really move your lower body. She was shocked, but that didn't separate the both of you. And as usual, you were waiting for her, watching TV. Then suddenly, your phone rang, signifying a message had been sent.

Sorry, (Y/N). I won't be able to come today. I have something important to do. I'll come tomorrow. I promise!

You eyed the message before sending your reply. Good luck. Surely she would be happy that you're supportive. You put down your phone and closed your eyes. Bit by bit, you fell asleep.

xXx

Despite what Chika said, she didn't arrive the next day. Or the day after. She didn't visit for a whole week, which made you feel down. She didn't answer your calls or your texts. Your Mom told you that maybe she was very busy, to the point of having little time to visit.

"Chika, when will you visit again?" You whispered under your breath. Just then, Chika came in through your door with a distressed face. "(Y/N)-chan, come with me! It's an emergency." You gave her a look that asked 'how in the hecking heck am I supposed to do that'. You were about to speak when she suddenly picked you up off of your bed and carried you on her back.

"Oi, Chika, won't I fall?!" You shrieked. "No you won't!" Instead of answering again, you kept quiet and stayed calm. It might be better that way.

Just as you thought the ride would never end, Chika slowed to a stop. She let you sit down on a chair and she disappeared. You waited but nothing happened. But out of nowhere, a blindfold was put over your eyes. "Hey! Who's doing this?!" You panicked. What was happening? Is Chika kidnapping you?

"Sorry about all this, (Y/N)-chan. But, I really need you here." A familiar voice said. "Riko? What're you doing?" You waited for a response but no one answered. Guess you're all alone, as of right now.

Five minutes later, your blindfold was removed and you saw a banner saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)!'. You were about to cry when Chika approached you with a rather large box. "I wanted to give this to you on your birthday. I'm sorry if I didn't visit the past few days. I was doing my best to get you this." You opened the box and what was inside shocked you.

Inside was a pair of (F/C) bionic legs. Chika helped you put them on and you shakily stood up. She walked a distance from you and held out her arms. You knew what she meant and you tried walking with the new legs. Your each step was shaky as you were picking up the pace. And once you reached Chika, you gave her a big hug. "Thank you for giving me the best birthday ever."

•••

I don't know what the heck I thought when I wrote this. Just know that this is going to be severely edited.