a y a s e

Ayase Eli x Dense!Reader

Requested by: Chakana_Yuri

Oneshot

•••

It hurts, how you love someone yet they don't recognize those feelings you hold for them. It hurts, how you love someone but they don't seem to look your way. It hurts, how they direct that smile and make your heart beat fast but that smile was oblivious to you. It hurts, how I fell in love with you.

xXx

You turned the corner, walking on the way to your classroom. You were whistling a soft tune to lift your spirits because you just saw Eli looking blue. When you asked her, she simply looked away and continued walking, making you feel guilty. "What is wrong with Eli today?" you asked out loud. "You're really dense, aren't you?" Nozomi said beside you, startling you as she had not been there before.

"Nozomi, please don't pop out of nowhere like that," you sighed. "And dense? What is that supposed to mean?" You turned to face her properly. "Exactly what it means, (N/N)!" she smiled. You shrugged. "Anyway, do you have any plans for next week?" Nozomi asked you. "During break, I don't think so. I'll just be at home." you said with a grin.

Nozomi nodded eagerly. Looks like she has plans that involve you. "We should go back to class. Lunch is almost over." You reminded. She nodded. You walked ahead of her and went to your classroom.

xXx

After a few days, summer break had begun and you were going out with Eli and Nozomi. The planned day had been so sudden from Nozomi calling in the middle of the night and you agreeing due to being sleepy and because you knew she would punish you. "Where are we going today?" you yawned, still sleepy. "Anywhere really. We just wanted to go out to relax." Eli said.

"And this involves me how?" you stretched. "You're our friend so obviously, we would invite you." Nozomi stated. "I would've been able to relax being able to stay at home. But since you've invited me and I know what's going to happen if I don't agree, let's just go already."

You, Eli and Nozomi went from place to place, from shop to shop. Everything you did was fun but you couldn't help but notice Eli being a little touchy with you. Why? Was there something going on that you were missing out on? You pondered on these thoughts as you unlocked the door to your house. "I'm home." you muttered, knowing it was useless. No one was there to greet you back anyway so why bother.

xXx

Each day, that had passed with you spending time with Eli, you would always hear your heart beating so loudly, you began to think everyone around you could hear it. The problem with the situation at hand was you didn't know why your heart started beating like that.

It always happened when Eli was involved in some way or another. It just never stopped. You felt the area around you heart to feel the beat in a steady pace. You sighed.

"What is happening to me?" you asked to no one in particular.

xXx

You put on your summer uniform and dragged yourself out of your house after eating a bread bun for breakfast. You yawned. It definitely was not easy to wake up early after sleeping so late.

"(Y/N)cchi! Nice to see you early this afternoon." you heard a certain purplenette say. "Good morning, Nozomi-chan." you said weakly. Nozomi's smile turned into a frown when she heard your voice. "Did you enough sleep last night, (Y/N)cchi?" she looked at you with concern. "No, I didn't. I couldn't sleep. My mind was filled with thoughts last night." you replied.

Nozomi raised an eyebrow. "Thoughts about what? Or maybe who?" she smirked. "My (Y/N)cchi has grown up." she squealed. You sighed.

"Thoughts about Eli. My heart just beats so much whenever I think about her." Nozomi smiled knowingly. You smiled to yourself. "Do you know why, Nozomi-chan?" your eyes were filled with curiousity.

"I know why, but you're too dense." she stated bluntly. "Your too mean." Nozomi walked ahead of you. "We better walk quickly before we're late." you nodded and walked after her.

xXx

Eli was in the Student Council room, sorting some papers with Nozomi. "When do you plan on confessing? She's not going to be there forever, you know." Nozomi said to Eli. "I know that. But, do you think she'll know what I mean. She's pretty dense herself." Eli stopped signing papers to look at Nozomi.

"It's always worth a try." Nozomi simply answered before everything went quiet.  The only thing that could be heard was the scribbling of pens.

Eli stopped writing and Nozomi asked why she stopped. "I'm going to look for (Y/N). I'm going to confess even if it happens." she said with determination. Eli stood up and ran out of the door. Nozomi chuckled. "Let's hope it goes well."

xXx

You tilted your head in confusion as Eli stood in front of you fidgeting. "Eli, are you okay? Do you need this?" you took something from your pocket and gave it to her. "Seriously? A fidget spinner?" she deadpanned at you. You really were dense.

"Look, I just wanted to tell you something important. It's okay if you can't understand. That's fine by me." she mumbled the last part. You nodded slowly.

"I... I-I l-like you, (Y/N). I really do. B-But everything you do makes me frustrated." she finally said. You stood silent. "You make my heart beat so fast and I feel sorry for myself for liking you. I love you, (Y/N)." you remained silent. At your lack of response, Eli began to sob. "So that's what it was." she heard you say.

"What do you mean?" she cried. "I've been feeling weird around you these days without me knowing why. I feel my heartbeat speed up and I feel like I could do anything when I'm with you. Am I feeling love? Who knows. But I know that these feelings are for you."

Eli smiled and leaned in to capture your lips in a kiss. You closed your eyes and kissed back. It held no feeling except innocence. Love of innocent people is always beautiful.

•••

Hmm.