Chapter 3

t/w; homosexual offence

"He's not my boyfriend Betty! It was just one of those hook-up things..." Kevin told her sadly, he wished that the Joaquin boy could be his boyfriend.
   "All you gotta do is ask, Kev!" She explained. Kevin sighed.
"I guess,," He finally replied, he shoved his bag up into his shoulder more, and they walked to their hang-out area. Veronica, Jughead and Archie sat on the sofa's, waiting for Betty and Kevin to get there. Whilst walking down, Kevin was getting homophobic slurs thrown at him by every person down the hall.
"Just ignore them Kev." Betty smiled.

"And then, he disappeared and I was left with Cheryl. And then he comes back like, right at the end off the movie and tells us he 'got caught up with something'! More like, got caught up with someon-" She paused as a nervous Kevin walked with Betty into the lounge area. They all exchanged smiles and sat down;

"What's up Kev?" They all ask him, apart from Betty who sighs.
   "A couple of guys caught Kevin with his new guy last night at the drive in" Betty explained.
"And yeah.. it's going around- rumours are going around" She finished. Veronica looked shocked;
"Oh my, Kev" She sat next to him and hugged him from the side.
Ping
Archie got his phone out, he thought it was Grundy who had messaged him- but he frowned as it wasn't his phone, and he shoved it back into his pocket.
Jughead noticed and whispered into his ear
"I thought you had moved on?" He asked sternly, concerned.
   "So did I." Archie whispered back, he leant back and Jughead rolled his eyes. Kevin got his phone out as saw the message;
Sent at 12:07pm
Unknown: Hey dude, It's Joaquin
Enjoyed last night, wanna hang out after school tmw? <3

Kevin's eyes widened as he showed the girls his phone with the message on it. Betty started to fangirl while Veronica looked smug;
"See! He's different! He's not like Moose" She told a smiley Kevin re-assuringly.
"You gonna text back or what Keller?" Jughead asked, them chuckled. Kevin looked at him sensibly.
   "Jughead, these things are very very important. I should call him!" Kevin exclaims. Veronica's smile dropped.

"Maybe you should just text him a Kev..? He might be in class?" She suggested, Kevin listened and pressed the phone to his ear, as he waited.

//meanwhile//

Joaquin sat in class, almost falling asleep; when his phone started to ring.
He looked at the caller ID quickly:
Kevin Keller
He smiled warmly and raised his hand to be excused. He walked outside the class and leant against the wall as he picked up;

"Hey preppy" He smirked to himself, Kevin went really red as everyone in his group looked at him
"Heyy, Joaquin?" Kevin spoke softly like he did at the drive in. Joaquin chuckled
"That's me" He smiled, Kevin blushed again and felt embarrassed.
   "Duh..!" Kevin laughed to himself
"Your adorable Keller, Meet me at the welcome to riverdale sign at the end of the day, like around 3.30?" He asked Kevin, who had to think about the question as everyone in his group stared intensely at him.
   "Obviously!" Kevin giggled. Joaquin blushed, he was really excited.
"Great! See you soon Keller"
   "You tooooo!"
He hung up. Kevin was really really excited for his date. Was it a date?

//time skip//

"It's soooooo a date Kev!" Veronica told him as they walked to Biology. Kevin blushed again.
   "I guess, yeah" He itched the back off his neck, he was quite nervous yet excited. It's his first date-date with a guy, and he wasn't gonna mess it up.
They walked into the classroom.

"I'll be with Cheryl" Archie told everyone aloud, walking over to Cheryl's desk and sitting down.

"I'll be with Veronica" Betty exclaimed, walking over to V.

"Actually I was gonna be with Kevin-" She was about to say, when Moose walked behind Kevin and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Actually, I'm with Keller" He brushed his shoulder gently as he walked past and sat at a desk. Kevin looked at Veronica.

"Oh dear god." He got up and sat next to Moose, Betty sat in Kevin's old space. Moose looked at Kevin.
"How about Saturday..?" He asked, Kevin looked at him.
   "No offence Moose, you are hot and all- but I personally think you should stick to what you know best, Girls." Kevin told Moose, he gave Kevin a slow nod in reply and looked down at the frog they had to dissect,  Kevin gave Veronica and Betty a thumbs up- and got to work.

//time skip//

Kevin walked out of class with Veronica, Betty and Archie- As Jughead wasn't in their Biology. Kevin couldn't contain his excitement as he walked out of the school building and down to the Riverdale sign.

I like these sort of chapters 💕
Don't forget to Vote, like and share! Love you all!! - Izzy:D