Chapter 14

The door of Kevin's house creeped open, as he snuck in at 10.30pm. To no surprise, his dad was stood there in the hallway- Kevin gulped slightly.

"Where were you?" He asked, sternly and coldly. Kevin looked at him;
"I was with Veronica and that, at Pops'" He replied, hanging his coat up and heading to the kitchen. Sheriff Keller followed him in and picked up the vase which was in there.

"Who got you these roses?" He asked in the same tone he always uses when he interrogates his son. Kevin looked at him as he stirred his coffee.

   "Veronica.." He replied hastily, Sheriff Keller raised an eyebrow.
"Kevin I know when you lie, when you was 11 you would lie to your mother and I about sneaking off to Betty's." He told him, Kevin huffed and looked at him with annoyance.

"It was a guy-" He finally told him.
"Who?" The Sheriff replied, interested. Kevin just shrugged.
"Some closeted guy at school" He told him, Sheriff Keller nodded and sat down.

"You should be getting to bed. It's auditions for the variety show tomorrow and nobody would want their host tired now?" The Sheriff told him, Kevin sighed.

"I just made a coffee, I'll get up" Kevin argued back, he went up the stairs and back to his room. His bed was a mess, when he laid on it- it was cold and sent a chill down his spine. He must've fallen asleep, because when he awoke; he sat up, alarmed and with tears pouring down his face.

Kevin picked up his phone sluggishly yet quickly to check the time;
2.56am
He squinted as his bloodshot, tear streaked eyes made contact with his bright phone screen. He scrolled down to Betty's contact and rang her desperately.

"Hello?" Betty answered, her voice sounding tired and dull.

"H-hey.." Kevin stuttered, she gasped slightly knowing the her bestfriend had been crying.

"Kevin are you alright!?" She asked, sounding concerned and still tired.
"C-can I come to yours..? I had a-a nightmare..?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

"Of course!" Betty exclaimed a little louder then she should of. Kevin hung up and got out of bed, he chucked a pair of jogging bottoms on and a blue tank top. He carefully opened his door and walked down the stairs to the
Front door; which he carefully and slowly unlocked before exiting.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Kevin crept up behind Betty's house and climbed the ladder which has always been there. When he got to the top, he knocked on her window; to which he got a sudden reply of the window being opened outwards. Kevin gave Betty a small smile before climbing through her window. She looked at him tiredly and scaredy.

"Kevin..? Are you alright?" She asked, then walked over to him and pulled him into a warm hug. He nodded. "Yeah.. well.. I hope so.." He started. Betty sat on her bed and instructed Kevin to sit next to her, which he did so.

"I had a nightmare.. about Mom." Kevin told her, she listened to him.

"A-and she came back, and saw me and Joaquin a-and she was in the serpents and told me every bad t-thing he ever did.." Kevin sobbed, Betty put her arm around him. "I know Joaquin d-does bad things.." Kevin looked at Betty with teary eyes.

"And I know that he does love me, but I don't know how long I can keep on lying to my dad, Bets" Betty smiled at him kindly.

"I understand" She told him, Kevin nodded and smiled slightly.

"Can I stay the night?" Kevin asked, Betty chuckled.

"As always, yes!"

-x-x-x-x-x-