Chapter 6

Kevin awoke with a groan, as his alarm beeped quickly and violently. He smacked it, which turned it off, and sat up. It was around 5-6am, Kevin needed to get up earlier to finish his art homework- as Joaquin stopped by mid-process. He sat at his desk, his bed-head curls sitting on the top of his head, and he started water-colouring his painting.

It was of Joaquin, the boy couldn't get his beautiful face out of his head. He finished off his beautiful black locks and signed it at the bottom; before heading to the bathroom to have a shower and let his painting dry.

Kevin loosely wrapped the towel around his waist as he got out of the bathroom, His Dad had to leave even earlier then him to get to the other side of town. He brushed his ratty hair and went to his wardrobe- where he picked out a purple sweater, a beige button-up and then he went to his draw to take out some black jeans.

He packed his schoolbag and looked at the time
[6.58AM]
He has around an hour until Betty comes and knocks on his door to walk with her and Archie.

He sat crossed legged on the sofa, and looked at his laptop. He bit his lip in confusion, he was going to buy Joaquin a little present as a thank you for the flowers. His dad didn't seem to notice them though, he was constantly out at the moment. As he searched Amazon, thoughts kept on coming to his head;

"What if your friends hate you after they find out Joaquin is a serpent?

"What if Moose hurts Joaquin?"-

His thoughts were distracted by a loud, rough knock at the door. It wasn't Betty though, Her knocks were soft and quiet- he didn't even hear her sometimes. The person knocked again. Kevin sighed as he walked to the door, and shakily opened it;

"Hello-"
"KELLER"
Moose barged into his house and grabbed his shirt collar; Kevin was just looking at him, terrified.

"Where was you last-night?" He spat at Kevin, Kevin paused. Would he lie?

"I forgot." Kevin lied convincingly, Moose glared at him and let go.

"Whatever." Moose replied, closing the door and standing in his hallway, Kevin looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"You can't just barge in here" Kevin was extremely annoyed at Moose, his ex boyfriend.

"Have you seriously not moved on?" Kevin asked, shocked and annoyed, Moose looked at him and grunted- he still had little feelings for Kevin.

"I broke up with you, because I was your 'bit on the side', you have a girlfriend." Kevin told him sternly, he had got that trait from being the sheriff's son. Moose rolled his eyes and snapped at him.

"Whatever Keller. I bet you're Joaquin's 'bit on the side' as well, because that's all you are."

Kevin looked at Moose, and it was true. He had only been there when a closeted bisexual needed a break from their girlfriend- Kevin never had anyone to call his boyfriend until Joaquin.

"Leave." Kevin ordered, Moose just looked at him blankly.

"Leave." He repeated again, sterner then before.

Moose chuckled and walked to the door;

"Whatever you want to believe." He smirked at Kevin, before leaving the Keller household. Kevin sighed as he walked back over to him laptop and continued searching- a little more sad then before he started.

After a while, Betty knocked at his door and they were walking to school with Archie- He noticed Kevin seemed troubled and a bit sad;

"What's up Sheriff?" Archie joked, most people in their group called him that because of his dad, Kevin chuckled.

"Moose. He came by and just put me in a bad mood" He pouted, Betty rolled her eyes and put her hand on Kevin's shoulder.

"He's not worth your time Kev, honestly" She smiled at him, Betty's smile was so beautiful and pure- never mind how low he was feeling he had to smile back.

They walked into the school gates and saw a familiar, beautiful face as he did so.

"Joaquin?"