Chapter 4

Kevin ran as fast as he could to meet Joaquin, he was so excited to see the boys beautiful face again. Veronica, Betty, Jughead and Archie all followed behind slowly;
"Why are we doing this again?" Jughead asked suspiciously, looking at his best friends with a raised eyebrow.
   "To protect him, silly!" Betty told a Jughead who nodded back to show he understood, he looked at Archie.
"Girls." The boys said together, Betty and Veronica gave them a dirty look and they all laughed and slowly walked to the Riverdale sign.

Kevin had been waiting for a few minutes now, and his anxiety had hit him like a truck; he had all these thoughts racing around his head until a pair of gentle hands were placed on his shoulder- he turned around and saw Joaquin with his beautiful eyes.
"JOAQUIN!"
   "Hey Preppy" He smirked and as Kevin leant in to hug him Joaquin kissed him. However, Kevin obviously didn't mind and connected their lips; he pulled away.

"N-nobody's ever, like- kissed me upfront in public" A blushing Kevin stuttered out and smiled, Joaquin smiled back and looked him in the eye;
   "They have now" Joaquin smirked and Kevin blushed more,
"You are amazing" Kevin told Joaquin, Joaquin gently held his hand; they were so soft and delicate unlike his or any other serpents hands.

"Pops'?" Kevin asked.
Joaquin paused.
"Pops'..?" He repeated after Kevin.
"You don't, Oh my god we are goiNG POPS!" Kevin exclaimed, holding Joaquin's arm and starting to drag mhim, He chuckled and caught up with Kevin and walked alongside him. Veronica and the squad saw them, and had a quick look;

"Not bad Kev" Veronica laughed.
Archie mumbled something about how he looks better, Jughead couldn't care less and Betty was shocked with how cute and sexy gay men were.

Kevin dragged Joaquin into Pops'
"Hiii pop!" Kevin gazed at the menu, he looked at Joaquin who was unsure.
"Um, a chocolate milkshake please" Joaquin asked unsurely, Kevin looked at Pop'
"Strawberry Milkshake please!" Kevin asked, Pop nodded and Joaquin stole a booth.
"Sneaky" Kevin pouted and grinned.
Joaquin smiled at him and moved his hands closer to Kevin's.
"Kevin.. will you-" Joaquin gazed dreamily into Kevin's eyes- but he was snapped back into reality by the door's bell going. The squad had walked in, only to protect Kevin; Cheryl and Moose also came along too to meet the new outsider.

Veronica poked her head around the booth and looked at Kevin and Joaquin.
"Hiii Kev, this your boyfriend!?" She teased, Kevin rolled his eyes and chuckled. Joaquin smiled at her, Soon came Betty, Archie and finally Jughead, all poking their heads around. Kevin and Joaquin laughed and they all introduced themselves; Jughead caught Joaquin's eye- He had seen Jughead by the southside a couple of times.

"This is our date, you guys!" Kevin blushed, he looked at his friends then Joaquin who was wide-eyed.
"D-date!?" Joaquin replied, a blushing mess- Kevin laughed and looked at him, nodding.
   "I mean,, if you want it to be a date..?" Kevin asked, Joaquin held his hands under the table and looked at him, his icy blue eyes glistening.
"Who wouldn't want to go on a date with Kevin Keller?" Joaquin teased. Kevin blushed again and chuckled;
"Oh Joaquin-" He started, before he was interrupted by a familiar friend.

"Most people actually, Joaquin" Moose spat, Kevin looked at him, and so did his friends from another booth nearby.
   "It's wa-keen, not joe-a-quinn" Kevin corrected Moose who sent him a glare, Joaquin already didn't like him.
"Shut it Keller." Moose ordered, Kevin shut himself up- Joaquin glares at Moose, he held Kevin's hand from under the booth table;
"Oi you, don't talk to Keller like that" Joaquin barked, getting defensive. Moose rolled his eyes and looked at Kevin who was sipping his milkshake.
"Tonight at 8." He snapped before walking away, Cheryl came over.

"Afternoon Boys, that was quite heated" Cheryl exclaimed, Kevin rolled his eyes and looked at her; Joaquin smiled whilst Kevin looked dreary;
"I am Cheryl Blossom, Pleasure to meet you Joaquin" She gave her gloves hand to shake, Joaquin shook it.
   "wa-keen." Kevin told her. She rolled her eyes and focused on Joaquin.
"Where are you from Joaquin?" She asked, Joaquin cleared his throat.
"Southside, actually- I live with my brother" Joaquin told her, which was a part lie. He lived with his brother, who was with the serpents, he squeezed Kevin's hand tightly, getting no squeeze back. He frowned.

"Well I better leave you boys to it!" She smiled, Kevin was still looking out the window emotionlessly, he muttered;
"About time,,"
"What was that Keller?" Cheryl snapped, looking at the back of Kevin's head coldly, he looked at her through the window.
"I heard 'I think Cheryl should sit with us', do you agree Joaquin?" She asked, she seemed quite demanding- Joaquin just looked at her as she sat next to him, Kevin drank more of his milkshake, avoiding eye contact.

Cheryl had had a good conversation with Joaquin before leaving, Kevin looked at him;
"What's up Preppy?" He asked
"This was our date" Kevin whined.
"Cheryl shouldn't of even came anyway, it's not like she even likes me" Kevin complained, Joaquin took his hands and looked him in the eye- he leant over to Kevin and moved his lips closer to his. Kevin connected them and they shared there first kiss, in a booth, at Pops'.

Sorry this is sloppy, I'm not feeling too great, but writing helps 💓 Love you loads, stay safe - izzy