Chapter 13

// r/c: 874

The next morning, Kevin woke up early due to his dad stammering through the door at 4.00am. Yesterday had been hell and now he can't even think he can trust his boyfriend. He stumbled up and looked into his mirror at his curly brown hair and piercing green eyes. He slouched downstairs to the kitchen/dining room to see his dad sat in his familiar seat, He smiled.

"Hiya dad!" Kevin exclaimed, saluting his dad as always.Sheriff Keller smiled; "Glad to be back son, what have I missed?" He asked before taking a sip from his coffee, Kevin chuckled and walked over to the bread-bin and got a slice out as he spoke:
"Well.. I had a sleepover with Betty and Veronica on Friday.. then went shopping with them on Saturday and then wrote my essay yesterday" He told his dad with a smile, Sheriff Keller chuckled and looked over at him.

"So what day was it when you broke into Moose's house and graffitied his door?" His tone had gotten sterner, Kevin paused and turned around. He gave a slight huff and rolled his eyes.
"So you heard about that..?" Kevin questioned cluelessly, He put his toast in the toaster and turned it on.
"Yes I did Kevin. And thank god I did! You can't go around doing this sort of stuff, I know he was your ex, and I know he hurt you-" Sheriff Keller was interrupted by Kevin;
"I was just his 'bit on the side' Dad. It was horrible." The toast pinged up and he snatched it and threw it on his plate. He slouched over to the empty seat opposite his dad and sat there with his food.

"Kevin. Just- Don't do it again" Sheriff Keller huffed as he read the paper, Kevin nodded and started eating.
"So Dad, there's this school trip next week" He started, His Dad looked up at him and read his lips. Kevin fidgeted slightly with his hands;
"Camping in the woods-" His Dad interrupted him midway, he sat up a bit more and gazed down at Kevin.

"No. Those woods are dangerous Kevin!" He told him, Kevin sighed.
"It's with the school Dad, it'll be fine" He insisted with a smile, his dad gave the smile back and finally agreed. Kevin had finished his meal and went back up to have a shower and get changed.

Hours felt like minutes, and there was the familiar knock at the door

Kevin walked out and stood by Betty and Archie, the three started to walk;
"You going on the camping trip Kev?" Betty asked, her hair how it always is in her slick ponytail, Kevin shrugged.
"My Dad did say yes, but he'll probably change his mind.." He sighed, Archie chuckled and looked over at him; "You have to go Kevin, It'll be V's first time camping" Archie insisted, He just shrugged again and they walked into the school gates.

x-x-x-x-x

"Alright Keller?" Chuck spat at him, ever since he had put that graffiti on Moose's door, he had been getting attacked; verbally and physically.
"Ignore him Kev." Veronica insisted, He just rolled his eyes and they made there way to the gym for their lesson. Kevin stood outside the building for a bit, waiting for Archie and Jughead. When they got there, the three all went in and sat on the benches.
"I hate gym." Jughead and Kevin exclaimed at the same time, the the three laughed just in time to go in. Archie went running in because it was football, Jughead and Kevin were still dressed- they gave eachother that look;

"Wanna bunk?" Jughead asked Kevin, who just gave him a cocky smile.

"Why not,,?" He chuckled as the two sprinted out of the gym changing rooms and started walking around.

x-x-x-x-x

The day passed by ever so quickly, and Joaquin made his way to the whyte whime. He had to fight this guy, although Kevin would disagree; he needed the money. He know his brother would disagree; they lived on the southside together but only Joaquin was the snake. Thoughts muffed his ears as he hastily opened the door and walked into the bar.

As he walked in, he saw the familiar faces of Southside Serpents. He walked around ever so slowly, being sure not to piss any of them off. Joaquin then got to 'the corner.' The corner was the usual place of the fights that would happen, and it was the most feared area of the Whyte Whime. As he shoved his way to the front, Joaquin saw a buff darker toned student.

"Chuck Clayton.. His uncle is around here" FP told him in his familiar gruff drunk tone. Joaquin's eyes widened at the boy, he was certainly gay as Chuck was extremely attractive.
"You said his son..?" Joaquin inquired, FP just shoved him into the circle and chanting soon began.

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT"

Joaquin threw a punch at the boy, who dodged and hit him. The night sky twinkled as the two started fighting- until Joaquin somehow managed to beat up Chuck; blood dripping from his face. He looked at FP, who was collecting the money and stormed over to him;
"My share?" He barked, FP rolled his eyes and passed Joaquin a few hundred, he smiled and looked at him.

"Go buy your boyfriend Keller or whatever something- I don't care."

Chuck overheard FP's words from the other side of the arena; his uncle was patching up his face for tomorrow.
"Kevin Keller?" He questioned.
"Probably" His uncle replied, dabbing a cotton ball on his face, as Chuck smirked.

Joaquin picked up his serpent jacket, and wore it with pride. He started to hear and feel vibrations from his pocket, so he dug down to find his phone and took it out to see Kevin currently ringing him. As he was about to answer, it stopped, and he saw;

Preppy💓🏳️‍🌈: [missed calls: 5]
Preppy💓🏳️‍🌈: JOAQUIN
Preppy💓🏳️‍🌈: JO JO
Preppy💓🏳️‍🌈: QUINNY QUIN QUIN
Joaquin🐍: hey preppy wyd?

As soon as he sent his text; an incoming call came from his phone. He ran out of the bar and answered the call;
"Hey preppy-" He started.n
"JOAQUIN!" Kevin shouted, his voice infecting the whole of Pops'(
"Where were you!?" He exclaimed, annoyed and concerned. Joaquin sighed and he got seated on his bike;

"Meet at Pops'? Kevin asked. Joaquin smirked slightly.
"Already on my way Preppy." As he hung up and tightened the grip on his handlebars and started to ride to Pops'.

x-x-x-x-x

Joaquin walked into the familiar surroundings of Pops', he walked around the corner and saw Kevin in a booth with Ronnie, Betty, Archie and Jughead. Kevin's eyes widened as he stretched past Ronnie and got out of the booth just to hug him and kiss his cheek.
"Where were you Quinny!?" Kevin asked impatiently, as he dragged him into the booth where they sat.
"Had homework and my phone ran out of charge-" Joaquin explained as he put his arm around Kevin, he nodded whilst Ronnie gave Jughead a suspicious look. Joaquin was about to say something, when his phone started to ring. He looked at the contact;

'FP' it read.

Joaquin rolled his eyes.
"Gotta take this." Joaquin muttered as he slid past Kevin and back out of Pops'. Kevin sighed as he picked the cherry off the top of of his milkshake.
"Do you guys think what he's doing is.. illegal?" Kevin questioned his friends, Jughead sighed and put his arm around Betty;

"I mean, he's a snake. What's one thing that they do that is legal?" Jughead inquired in his sarcastic tone. Kevin gave a light chuckle before drinking the rest of his milkshake.

"What do you want!?" Joaquin snapped down the phone, sitting on the bench in the Pops' car park.
"I've got a delivery, to some guy called Reggie Mantle. Get down here." He snapped, then hung up. Joaquin sighed and got on his bike and left without a warning.

// omg tysm for 1K reads! Ily all so much x