Chapter 19

All the serpents stopped what they were doing as they heard the voice of FP Jones, Their leader.

"Dad, I thought you were in Prison? For Jason's murder?" Jughead ran over and asked him, confused but happy nevertheless. FP smiled wearily.

"I didn't do it, Jug. Clifford Blossom made me confess to it, he'll kill you." FP explained sharply, Jughead smile faded.

"That means.." Jughead thought, Joaquin stepped up in the conversation.

"That it was Clifford Blossom? He killed Jason?" Joaquin added, the two looked at him and FP nodded.

"How? How do you know that it was Clifford?" Jughead interrogated Joaquin suspiciously.

"It was just a guess, If he said to FP a that he would kill you, then he could've killed Jason?" Joaquin answered, Joaquin raised an eyebrow.

"Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews found Jason's jersey jacket stuffed in a bag, in one of the pocket laces, there was a memory stick, they gave it to Sheriff Keller and they all watched it as it showed old Cliff shooting his son" FP explained, not really with it as he was looking over Jughead shoulder.

"Is that Keller?" He asked, Jughead nodded.

"Yeah? Why?" Jughead answered, Betty gave Joaquin a slight glare as Kevin explained what happened to her a couple of meters away from FP, Jughead and Joaquin.

"His Dad is gonna be searching around this area for anything else, I don't think he would be very pleased seeing Kevin around here." FP explained, The two boys nodded.

"He was just leaving." Joaquin told FP, Jughead looked at Joaquin and gave him an unpleasant look. FP's eyebrows raised.

"What the hell happened to him?" He asked as he started walking over to him. Jughead and Joaquin exchanged looks.

"Are you..?" Jughead started.

"Broken up?" Joaquin finished, Jughead nodded in reply.

"I believe so" Joaquin told him with a slight frown, he was upset, but he knew it wouldn't last.

FP walked over to Betty and Kevin turned Kevin around with his hand.

"What the hell happened to you kid?" FP asked in amazement and surprise, Kevin was about to speak but Betty spoke instead.

"A serpent stabbed him." Betty told FP, Kevin's eyes widened.

"I wasn't stabbed, he just scratched me a little.." Kevin explained, Betty raised an eyebrow.

"Scratched me.. deeply" Kevin came to the conclusion. FP rolled his eyes.

"Which one? And why?" FP Questioned quickly and snappily, Kevin shrugged as he looked around.

"Uh" He searched faces in the crowd until he came to Sweet Pea, he had his serpent jacket on and black hair with a smallish face and ripped jeans.

Kevin just gave a shrug, scared of what would happen next if the serpent found out he snitched. FP huffed and went inside his trailer and gave Kevin a coat. He put it on and instantly felt warmer.

"Thanks.." Kevin gave him a small smile. Betty called Jughead back over because it was time that they got back to school. The three started walking down the road back.

"I'm sorry Kev, about Joaquin." Jughead told him, Kevin gave him a small kind smile.

"It's alright.." Kevin replied, fighting all emotion he has right now, loosing the one person he loved. Betty looked at Kevin, seeing right through his acting. Before saying anything, his phone rang.