Chapter 20

// yay! we made it to 20 chapters <3

trigger: violent words/threats

Joaquin knocked at Betty's door now, with Jughead next to him. Unlike at Kevin's house, he got an instant reply.

"Hello Jughead, Who are you?" Alice asked, her glasses plastered onto her face. She looked at the roses.

"Those better not be for Betty-" She started, Jughead caught her off.

"Nonono, they're for Kevin, Mrs Cooper" Jughead explained, she nodded.

"So are your this 'ex' I've heard about?" Alice asked in a stuck up tone, Joaquin nodded slightly, ashamed.

"Then why are you here?" She stammered, Jughead answered her again.

"To apologise, Mrs Cooper, so can we come in?" Jughead questioned, she huffed and nodded. The two boys walked in and Joaquin looked around the house.

Jughead swift-fully walked up the stairs with Joaquin, until they got to Betty's bedroom door.

He knocked softly and gently, the door opened and Jugheads eyes were met with Betty's.

"Hey.. what are you doing here?" Betty asked quietly, it was quite late and it was an unexpected visit.

Jughead moved aside to show Joaquin holding his bouquet, Betty rolled her eyes and looked at Joaquin.

"What are you doing here?" She spat quietly, Joaquin sighed.

"To apologise" He admitted, Betty raised an eyebrow. "Really?" She questioned in her same quiet tone, Joaquin nodded.

"He means it b, honestly" Jughead stepped in, knowing how much Joaquin cared for Kevin. Betty let out a sigh and opened the door, the two boys walked in.

Kevin laid in Betty's bed next to her, they had a laptop, presumably bettys, on his lap and earbuds plugged into the laptop. Betty's pair were connected by a headphone splitter. The screen had gone out due to Kevin waiting.

"Kev?" Betty whispered, she got no reaction.

"Kev?" She repeated, slightly louder then before. Betty moved over to the bed and sat on it, she lent her arm over to kevins and shook it slightly.

"Kevin Kellerrrrr" she teased quietly, kevins eyes opened slowly and he looked at Betty.

"You fell asleep" She told him, Kevin frowned. "Really?" He replied, a little louder then her.

"Yeah, you did" She chuckled, Kevin gave her a little smile.

"Uh, there's someone here for you" She told him, before Kevin could answer Betty flicked her bedside light on to reveal Joaquin and Jughead.

"Jughead? What are you doing here?" Kevin asked, totally ignoring Joaquin. Jughead just pointed at Joaquin and Kevin raised an eyebrow.

"Joaquin..?" Kevin stammered out slowly after rubbing his eyes. Joaquin smiled a little. Kevin rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Kevin asked, annoyingly and irritated. He was hiding his true emotions towards the boy.

"To apologise" Joaquin took a few more steps closer to Betty's bed and gave Kevin the roses. Kevin blushed.

"Uh, thanks.. did you steal them?" Kevin questioned, Joaquin shook his head and gave Kevin a smile.

"I love you.. I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean to lash out at you and I truly do regret it" Joaquin told Kevin, almost in tears, Kevin got up from his comfortable position and stood opposite Joaquin.