Chapter 21

As Kevin walked down the halls, fear crept over him. The fear that somebody, someone could easily rip his life away with a threat just like that. He tried to banish his thoughts, but he couldn't as he walked out into the outside area to find their bench.

"Veronica, who do you think that person was calling Kev?" Betty asked across the table, it was just her and Veronica at the moment, the others were busy.

"I don't know B, maybe just some prankster?" Veronica replied, looking down at her revision work. Betty raised an eyebrow and leant in.

"A prankster who knew about his boyfriend!" Betty told Veronica, who looked up again.

"What are you insisting?" Veronica gave Betty a grin. Betty smiled.

"We find out who this is! Take a little pressure off Kevin's back?" Betty told her, Veronica smiled wearily.

"Well, it can't be that hard right?" Betty shrugged and smiled.

"Let's face it, it's someone in the school so?" She sat up, Veronica put her books away and also sat up.

"I'm in."

Just as she said that, Kevin sat down next to her, not hearing any of the previous conversation.

"What are you in?" Kevin asked with a smile on his face, Veronica looked at Betty and cleared her throat.

"The variety show next week with Archie, remember?" Veronica reminded Kevin, he paused.

"Are you? I swear it was a solo act" He replied before chuckling, he bit into his apple. Betty gestured at Veronica to ask about the calls, Veronica nodded.

"So Kev, these calls that you've been getting, completely anonymous right?" Ronnie asked, Kevin looked at her and paused for a moment.

"Yeah, why?" He questioned, Veronica answered quickly.

"No reason, Kev" She answered with a smile, she then looked at Betty.

"What sort of things has the anonymous caller been saying to you? On the phone?" Betty asked, raising an eyebrow. Kevin looked at her.

"Why do you really want to know about all of this, Betty? And Veronica?" Kevin spoke sensibly and quickly, Ronnie looked at Betty and cracked.

"We want to help you Kev! Find out who this person is, take it off your back?" Veronica explained, Kevin looked at both of them and rolled his eyes.

"It's just some prankster messing around, it's really not that bad you two." Kevin told the girls before grabbing his bag and leaving, Betty sighed.

"Somethings happened that we don't know." Veronica told Betty, Betty looked at her intrigued and confused.

"he's not telling us something about this caller, I can feel it." Veronica told her, Betty nodded.

"I can feel it to." She spoke swiftly. Veronica put the leftover lunch in the bin and so did Betty, the two were walking over to the building slowly: until Betty had another idea.

"Should we tell Joaquin? Or call him?" Betty suggested, Veronica's eyes widened as she smiled.

"That's a great idea B! He can probably help right? I mean he must have an inside on if it's anyone from his school, we haven't thought about that huh?" Veronica chatted to Betty quickly and consistently making her smile.

"I guess, you have his number right?" Betty asked, Veronica got her phone out and dialled his number.

-x-x-x-x-x-