Chapter 5 - Closing the Curtains

The lights on the walls below each of the televisions began brightening the room with a bright red light, the red light stretching out across the room but stopped just before the podiums where the students stood, creating an unlit part of the ground around them in a decagon shape.

Everyone stared at each other with blank and clueless expressions, but soon enough Monokuma raised his right hand and three of the TV's switched on with different angles of Lisa's body. Everyone noticed them right away and tried to look away but their eyes stuck to the picture.

"Are the pictures necessary?" Marcus said, his eyes the only ones not stuck to the TV.

Monokuma let out a soft laugh, "Of course! We've got to make this as exciting as possible, now let me explain the rules!"

He stood up on the tall bench and stretched his arms out, "The class trial is where you bastards will decide your fate based on the actions of an individual among you. Following one of you guys murdering another, and that person's corpse being discovered by three innocent students, the time until the class trial begins starts counting down. I explained this before, but now for the class trial explanations!"

Monokuma jumped back to his chair and gave a smile, "In the class trial, you guys are expected to debate about the murder, so I hope you all investigated, and have come to a conclusion on who the killer is. How you do this will be up to you and I will not be helping. But keep in mind what I said before, if you don't pick the correct person then everyone but the culprit will be executed!"

Monokuma let out a laugh again as he covered his mouth while everyone's expressions were still slightly blank.

"Now, enough with the silence! Get on with it!"

"Get on with what though, are you expecting us to figure out what happened to Lisa?" Lexi said as she wiped her eyes.

On Lexi's right was Stacey who was trying to avoid eye contact with everyone as she looked around the room, "We're not psychic's, we can't just tell, and we're not detectives either."

Joseph was on the right of Stacey, sticking his hands in his pocket to try and warm himself up, "T-though, some of us did investigate right? Did they find anything that might help us."

"Yeah!" Carlos, next to Joseph, said as he looked around at everyone else, "There has got to be something!"

Abby turned to face Jacob who was to her right, with Carlos to her left, and hit his shoulder lightly, "You have got to know, right?"

Jacob simply turned to Adam and stayed quiet as Adam met his gaze with a little shiver down his neck.

"Y-you expect me to start the discussion?" Adam said, only for Jacob to respond with a nod.

Adam lowered his head and took out his PAL, opening the Monokuma File as he read through the details again, his head lifting back up to speak.

"If we want to do anything, I'm going to just say we need to work out every inch of this case. A good starting point would be the murder weapon."

"The murder weapon, according to the Monokuma File, is a long metal object capable of making a big enough wound that she died from blood loss soon after being stabbed" Marco said, his PAL in his hand.

"So, could it have been a scalpel or something?" Rachel said as she shrugged and looked to her right where Simon was.

"No, we actually found the murder weapon while investigating, well Samuel did anyway."

"Oh yeah! He did, in the infirmary!" Joy said as she clapped her hands together in happiness.

"It was something in the infirmary? If not a scalpel then what could it be?" Benedict said with his right hand scratching his hair.