Chapter 8 - Bound

"Do you have to always be separate from everyone else?" Adam said.

He was standing outside of the dormitories, against the back wall, with Marcus sitting on a chair stolen from the cafeteria, his head positioned upwards so he can stare up at the top of the dome.

"I don't see the difference of being here than being in there, besides the fact my brain cells die a little more the longer I'm around those idiots."

Adam gave a soft sigh and began walking for the school before Marcus called out to him.

"Where are you going all by yourself?" he said.

Adam turned back to the man, "I'm going to be looking around the second floor one more time."

"Why, we checked it already didn't we?"

Adam gave a shrug, "Like you said, I see no difference in exploring than staying here, besides the fact staying here means we accomplish nothing," and with that he walked off to the school doors.

"Smartass" Marcus said once he noticed Adam walk into the school building he decided to follow.

The second floor was still the same, though Adam didn't expect any change. He explored through the rooms as they all had before. The library had too many books to check, and the control panel seemed too small to hide anything important. He spent a while checking the gymnasium and the cages of different balls but it seemed no secrets were too obvious for him to notice.

The classrooms were empty as well like the other ones on the first floor, so all that was left was the Biology Room.

The room wore too much white, it had white tables on the right side with white desks connected to the walls on the left and the front of the room. White cupboards were on top of the white desks but as Adam checked them all they were empty.

The desks were covered with Bunsen Burners used for chemicals as well as scalpels and needles but nothing of major worry unless someone was a few good dagger thrower.

Adam decided to check the bottom cupboards and so one by one he opened them up. Nothing were in the first three but the fourth cupboard some more extra Bunsen Burners inside. The fifth cupboard had a pile of scalpels in a container and then the six had a book. It was a red book, the cover was blank and it seemed to be really dusty. Adam placed the book on the desks top and opened it wide to look through.

"School records?"

The book was filled with records of the students here in this area right now. He saw Jacob's name and a picture of possibly a year ago, there was Marcus and Joseph, even Rachel and Lisa, and he recognized himself of course.

The book contained their birthdates, ultimate titles, short descriptions of their life from birth and any schools they attended. Their blood type, height, weight, and other characteristics were here too.

There was also another name here too.

"Taylah Shink, the ultimate painter?" Adam said.

The book detailed this Taylah girl as the classes mentor, their teacher at the school, or at least she would've been.

"What is this doing here and not in the library?" Adam said and took the book in his arm so he could show it to Jacob personally.

"What have you found there?" came a voice from behind Adam.

Adam recognized it as Marcus immediately but didn't bother making eye contact as he turned around.

"Just a book, I'm going to show it to Jacob."