Chapter 10 - Blowing Away The Dust

The door to the Control Room was closed and the students packed the hallway. Their mouths were either hanging open or trembling, and their hands were kept busy behind their backs, in their pockets, or held on their heads.

"You all look so sad, it'd be depressed just by your faces if I wasn't so excited!"

Monokuma came from the corner and looked at everyone with his smile growing on his faces, a PAL in his hands. His paw pressed a button on the PAL and everyone's individual PAL's made a beeping noise. Some of the students took their PAL's out to see the Monokuma File for their friend Joseph's murder but Joy was on her knees, either in anger or sadness, no one could tell.

"Not again, this is not happening!" she said as she clenched her fists up.

Monokuma walked up to the girl as he looked into her eyes with fury, "I'm sorry little girl, but reality doesn't move to meet your wants, you either do what is needed or you fall behind. Now start!"

Joy glared her eyes into Monokuma's and went to drive her punch into the bears face but he jumped back in reflex and the punch hit nothing but air.

"Naughty, naughty!" Monokuma said, his voice getting angry it felt like to everyone, "Threatening your teacher isn't a good idea. To punish you, I'll giving you thirty minutes instead of an hour! Hurry!"

Monokuma left around the corner as the majority of students hit the walls or growled under their breath while Joy stood up, apologising to everyone.

"Don't stress yourself" Adam said, his hand on Joy's shoulder.

Jacob, having his body still held up by Marco, glared off to the Control Room in curiosity, "We don't have time to chit-chat, Marco, Carlos and Frankie, you guys check the Control Room with me."

Everyone stared at Jacob but Frankie spoke for them, "Why us?"

"Is there a reason not to?"

"There's a dead body in there! Our deceased friend, not everyone is capable of looking at that as easily as you."

"Well I'm sorry, I didn't know we should have tea breaks, ok?!" Jacob said in a roar, "We have thirty minutes, thirty Frankie! We have to check as much as we can, so unless you have a better plan then shut up! It's better we don't waste time."

Usually you'd see people who say things like what Jacob just did as complete dicks who are selfish, but even Frankie seemed to see reason behind the words and so he and Carlos decided to agree.

The funny thing about death is the body still looks alive sometimes. Sleep is a little like death, you are silent most of the time, not moving, and the two can be mistaken sometimes.

"He's so pale" Carlos said, he was looking right into Joseph's eyes.

"Stop that" Jacob said as he looked over the rope which held Joseph's body together.

"S-sorry" Carlos said and looked away at the boy's clothes, his fingers beginning to rub over them slowly.

"That's weird" he said, and Jacob looked over immediately.

"What is?"

"The dust on his clothes" Carlos said.

Jacob inspected over Joseph's clothes, his dark blue shirt was covered in dust, and his tight blue jeans was as well. His eyes then looked around the room, the walls and floor, the locker and the control panel.

"Dust on the body but not the room, so it was done somewhere else then?"

His eyes then went back to the rope while Frankie was rubbing his hands over the control panel, Carlos walking over towards him in curiosity.