Chapter 6 - Ascending Further

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep was inevitable, even after such a tough day, but even after getting a few hours of sleep no one felt their best.

The bell rang through the school, waking everyone up, and the TV's switched on. The same white tiled room was shown, with Monokuma sitting in his black chair.

"Time to wake up! Good morning, everyone!"

Monokuma had a string next to him but he wasn't holding it in any way, he simply continued talking.

"Time for a new day! Forget about the troubles from yesterday and keep trying to do your best! Have a good day."

He then laid down horizontally on the chair, his legs only just over the right side of the chair, and his paw reached out to the string. The string got pulled and a load of water dropped on top of Monokuma before the TV switched off.

Ten minutes after the announcement everyone was out of their rooms and sitting in silence among the tables.

Joseph, Carlos, Jacob and Frankie were sitting together at a table eating their individual cereals. Stacey, Marcus, Samuel and Joy were together on a table as well. Samuel and Marcus were having cereal while Stacey and Joy crunched on their buttered toast. Benedict, Simon, and Marco, eating their cereal, were on the same table, and lastly Adam was with Lexi and Abby again, eating their buttered toast.

Once the silence had lasted long enough, Jacob spoke up, "So, if it's not rude to ask, did everyone get a chance to sleep properly?"

Joseph was first to pick up his head and look around, "I wouldn't say properly, but I slept at least."

"Yeah, I got a few hours at least" Stacey said.

"I believe we shouldn't be speaking about that right now" Marco said, "more importantly, what do we have planned?"

Everyone stayed quiet. After what they had gone through the day before no one knew what they wanted to do. They had had to investigate their own friends death, only for it to end with another death of a different friend. Calling it a traumatic experience was far from the truth.

But still they kept trying to be their best as ultimates.

As they finished their breakfast, and one by one started to put their bowls in the dishwasher in the kitchen, the speakers made a noise like static as Monokuma's voice was heard coughing.

"Attention! Attention!" he said, "Come to the basketball court immediately, I'll see you soon!"

With their bowls in the dishwasher and Lexi having set it to clean, everyone began dusting their clothes off since they had washed them together in the washing machines overnight, and so they left the dormitories and began walking to the court.

Once everyone was grouped on the basketball court together, the ground below the southern basketball hoop opened up and Monokuma jumped out, his body soaring through the hoop and his feet landing perfectly on the edge as he bowed while the ground below him sealing back up.

"Nice of you to politely join me, having fun after our glorious class trial?"

Everyone simply stared with some faces enraged while others simply waiting for him to explain why he was here.

"Ugh, you guys need to liven up a bit! But either way, I'm really happy about how the trial progressed so as a reward for you guys progressing safely I've decided to open up some areas for you!"