Chapter 13 - Transmission Received

"We're facing a big threat here, we need to give it our full attention!" said the man second from the right on the side of the large table which was closer to the window.

"We're not aware of their type of weaponry! Going in will be senseless and futile, we will lose before we have any way of winning!" the woman opposite him said.

"We can simply use the old information from The Tragedy then, he confirmed that the same monsters during that time have returned under the control of this unknown group" another woman said.

"Before he disappeared that is," a second man said, "have we any news with that?"

From the right end of the table came a cough, and Jerry put his cup of coffee down as he leant forward, "sadly Marshall has been unable to get in contact with us, we may need to be more careful than expected."

Everyone made an unsettling noise under their breath but calmly relaxed and rested their hands back on the table.

"Alright, we should at least prepare our forces in case we need to defend ourselves, can we agree on that?" a third man said from the opposite end of the table from Jerry.

"Agreed, I will have my soldiers do what is necessary" a third woman said.

Jerry made a smile as he looked at everyone, "The armies strongest forces working against their threat, I'm sure we will succeed."

The six army generals stood up from the table and begin pulling their phones out so as they made their leave they could call up their individual bases to list the required tactics needed to be done.

Around an hour after the meeting, one of the generals made his way into a small room on the third floor of the Police Headquarters. He was the man who had been sitting opposite Jerry, his name being Paul.

There was a girl in the room looking through reports on the table. She had very long black hair, and her clothes were a bright white, like a lab coat, but instead of the clothing itself being a coat, it was a simple shirt that had buttons down the middle and a raised colour. Her fingernails were long and purple, and her face had clear make up.

"Sophie, why did you call me?" Paul said as he took a seat beside the girl and peeked over to the papers she was looking through.

Sophie put a finger on her lips, making sure Paul could see her, and then slid a booklet towards him. Paul opened it up and found papers and pictures clipped inside.

The pictures were a bird's eye view of each military base surrounding the city. They were positioned 5 to 10 miles away from the city's borders, and each of them consisted of a large area covered with tents and vehicles.

Under the photos, several pages of writing were found.

'The army has given their help to defend this threat from the unknown terrorist group who have given no name thus far, but we do know that they have purposefully led us to places of unnatural and unknown belonging. But that is not the reason we write this. We write to you because we have a worrisome situation to reveal. The soldiers who were sent to the underground facility we discovered those days ago, they reported they were unable to enter due to a gate that didn't remove itself no matter how much explosives were attached and detonated. Those same eight soldiers have disappeared from our eyes and ears since. Each soldier in or group has had a chip installed in their body to detect their life signals when away, so if they die we know who has died, but their life signal is still active. We are unable to track their signal back to them due to a distortion in the network, but we have realised their heartbeat is very different. We can't explain how, only that it is much more relaxed and calm than any heartbeat we have experienced, as if they have grown emotionless all together. We send you this because we are worried this unknown terrorist group is using what we fear is mind control on our soldiers. Scientists in the army and other connected networks have been working on mind control for years, and this is highly illegal of me to say this but if I am right, then breaking the law is better than letting this continue. Mind controlling a person not only relaxes the body, it makes them lose control to points of unknown. They will do anything you tell them, and if this terrorist group has accomplished this, then we are in danger. I have attached a second note to this one, it explains meeting points for us, I wish to make a plan in person, thank you.'