Chapter 16 - Uncovered Truth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam, Abby, Simon, Carlos, Marco and Lexi sat in the dining room. Bowls of cereal were placed before Carlos, Lexi, Abby and Marco, while Adam and Simon had some buttered toast, Adam's covered with Peanut Butter and Simons covered with Nutella. Adam and Marco both had their coffees, Adam on his second cup already, and in the time they had all gotten out of their rooms, not one person had broken the silence except for footsteps among footsteps.

The silence lasted for a while longer, right until the point everyone finished their meals but no one moved from their seats, they simply stared at their empty dishes.

"Jacob hasn't come out of his room, yet" Abby said.

They took a look towards Jacob's room, the door hadn't opened at all.

"He could be sleeping in, he did stay up after everyone last night" Simon said.

"I don't understand how he could've stayed up so long, last night was..." Adam started to say but his voice trailed off, and no one even tried continuing his speech.

Marco began standing up and pushed his chair in, "Let's just clean up, we have a new floor to check, right?"

Everyone gave off a nod but Lexi didn't move from her seat with everyone else, she sat with her arms to her sides and her head lowered.

"Are you alright, Lex?" Carlos said as he picked his dishes up.

"This is happened three times already..." Lexi began saying.

Adam began walking up to the girl, "Lexi, it's alright, we won't let it happen again, I'm sure of that."

"No, listen to me alright?!" Lexi said as she pushed her table slightly forward so she could sit up without moving her chair.

She turned to the other five in the room, her hands gripping her clothing tightly, "This has happened three times, and we've done nothing! We've said we'll try our best to find a way out, and that we'll promise to not follow the rules, even if it means being here longer, but it keeps happening. So from now on, I'm not letting it happen again!"

Lexi, compared to her fear at the end of the trial yesterday, seemed heroic. Her face was confident, and her body was no long trembling except for her clenching hand on her clothes. Everyone could see she was serious.

"Agreed" Abby said, "This has been getting to us so much that it's making us lose a sense of what to do, so we have to keep trying instead of stopping every time something bad happens. I'm sure everyone else would want that as well."

"I expect they would, they only did what they did because of Monokuma, without him we would be fine" Marco said.

At Marco's words, that menacing laughter echoed through the speakers and from the kitchen, with his step long and fluent, came Monokuma with a grin on his head and a monocle held on his right, black eye.

"I see, I see, you blame mwah for the wrong doings. But I am a simple bear, folks. You should be blaming the real person" he said with a formal voice.

"We have no idea who that is, you idiot! Besides, we don't care. If you are just going to keep us trapped here, then you're going to be bored, we're not doing what you wish anymore" Adam said.

Monokuma threw the monocle away and let out a sigh, "Whatever, I was getting bored with the same old moments anyway. You guys either try to be confident, or you're all silent, it's stupid! I wanted something more. But if you want something to be interesting, I guess you do it yourself" Monokuma said as he lightly chuckled.