Chapter 11 - The Track to Death

The podiums had welcome a new sign since last time. The face of Joseph Coyle was printed on the sign with a large red X crossed over him. Everyone was unable to look directly at the sign, and much less at each other as they stood at their individual spots.

Jacob was the first to raise his head, his face seemed a little different from when he had spoken in the dormitory as if he was disgusted but he kept his hands on the podium and looked at everyone one by one.

"Before we even try starting this topic on who killed our friend, I just want to say this. I'm not happy at all."

Everyone rose their faces to meet with Jacob who's facial expression looked as if he wasn't just assuming control of the role of leader, but he was demanding it.

"What are you talking about, Jacob?"Adam said.

"This is the second time this has happened, and yes I get that this stupid bear here has sort of given us no choice if we want to escape but come off it!"

Monokuma glared at Jacob with anger in his eye, "Who are you calling stupid, exactly mate?"

"Can you be quiet, this is a private meeting."

Monokuma gave a scoff and sat back down, "Whatever, but you do have no choice kids, I'm just saying. Though that's only the case if you want to escape."

"I said be quiet" Jacob said and he returned his gaze to the other students, "two murders now, I honestly thought we could at least try to work together, but I guess something happened and I didn't see it."

Everyone's eyes were averting from Jacob to anything but another person or bear.

"I understand the fear you all must be going through, but the truth is you need to concentrate on reality, you all need to realise what needs to be done and stop thinking about what you want to be done. Now please let's just get this out of the way, I know we don't want this as much as Joseph, Rachel or Lisa would've."

As Jacob finished his speech there was silence and he did nothing to bring a word up. Instead he waited, and around a minute later Joy spoke up.

"Where should we start?" she said.

"I think we should focus on the murder weapon" Adam said, "Just start slow and build up.

"The murder weapon was the scalpel in his neck, it is by far the most obvious murder weapon I believe" Jacob said, "My question isn't about the weapon though, it's about why there is so little blood."

"Little?" Frankie said, "It was covering his clothes."

"No, it had dripped down to his clothes because he was most likely hanging there all night. What Jacob means is, and I think the same, why was it so easier to stab his neck."

When no one tried responding, Marcus was positive he needed to rephrase his explanation and so he did.

"Let's say that Joseph was awake at the time. The killer came at him with a scalpel and pushed it right inside his neck, but would it really be that easier?"

There were a few heads shaking but they looked hesitant so Marco continued.

"The answer is it wouldn't be. A stab to the neck with a scalpel isn't enough to instantly kill someone, it would take something bigger and not only that but hitting the right part of the neck to cause that. Joseph would've had enough time to not only still stand and pull the scalpel away but also struggle. The reason Jacob and I are wondering why there isn't much blood is because if he had pulled the scalpel out or even struggled, then blood would've splashed out of his neck but it didn't, it simply dripped out nice and slow."