Chapter 15 - Survival of the Fittest

What laid in front of everyone's eyes was nothing like they'd seen before.

The first murder in this school had been a simple stab, there had been a lot of blood but the body itself looked alive.

The second murder had been a little more horrifying but only because of how the body had been made to hang, other than that it had been similar to the first.

This one however, the body, Benedict's body, was beyond recognition almost. The dogs had removed all the skin from the poor boys legs and had even began to feast at the face before they had been sentenced to die by the spears that had caused their bodies to drop.

The remaining ten students who stood in the hallway, their eyes peeping into the small, dark room where the body of Benedict laid, could think of nothing else but feel bad for the body.

Adam was thinking differently though, "does this count as a murder?"

Everyone stared at him with a little confusion but some of them, especially Jacob, could understand what he meant.

"You're right, the dogs killed him, not one of us, which means we don't need to hold a class trial right?" Marco said as he held onto Simon as to keep steady.

His wounds were a little better now, he was standing alright but he was unsure on his balance for the time being.

Jacob lowered his head a little as his mouth shaped into a slight smile and his right hand gestured to the roof in time for a laugh to be heard from the speakers.

"Wishful thinking, guys!" Monokuma said and soon enough he dropped down from above the students as Jacob raised his head.

"Wait, but none of us did it, right?! Joy and Jacob saw it in front of them" Abby said.

"And who said I am the type to follow rules? There was a killing and so a class trial will be held!"

"I'm guessing we have to find the person who let the dogs kill Benedict then?" Jacob said.

Monokuma made a smile, "exactly!"

Jacob let out a sigh and leant against the wall behind him, "Please, that's boring. Can we just move along?"

Everyone stared towards Jacob either in confusion, annoyance or shock, but Monokuma gave off a growl.

"Oi, we're holding a class trial! My word goes, you either follow that or get punished!"

Jacob moved his right hand through his hair and gave off a small sigh before standing up properly, "Alright then, but there isn't much investigation to be done when the crime was eaten by dogs."

"We can still check though, don't act better than us by not letting us work!" Lexi said as she marched up towards Jacob.

Jacob made a large smile towards Lexi, "Oh, so you do want to convict another friend of yours, how brave."

Lexi's face went dark as her figure froze but her right hand soon raised itself and went for Jacob's face only to be caught by Jacob's left hand and throw aside.

"I also don't act better, I am better. Be glad I'm still helping."

Lexi let out a small gasp at her arm being thrown aside, Abby taking the girl away from Jacob before anything else happened.

"What happened, Jacob? You're being irrational right now."

Jacob met eyes with Adam and went to reach his hand out for the boy but Adam hit his hand away which caused Jacob to smile.