Chapter 14 - Flesh to Bone

"Thanks for joining me" Jacob said.

He stood in front of the five tables among the dining area, a position he was commonly used to, and unfortunately everyone's situation was just as common right now. The other students sat down at their individual tables; Abby, Lexi and Adam shared a table, Marco was sitting with Simon, Benedict and Stacey were next to each other with Joy on the same table, and lastly Carlos was sharing a table with Simon which left one table spare.

"It feels small here" Abby said.

"It can't be helped, just try avoiding the thought" Stacey said as she hugged onto Benedict's right arm.

Jacob made a loud cough to get everyone's attention as he bowed his head, then he spoke.

"I know these are not the right words to say, and I should leave this for another time, but with the way things are going I don't particular care to wait."

Jacob took a deep breath and looked at everyone before him one by one, "You all are disappointments right now, I honestly believe that."

The words hit everyone with a surprise, their faces all changed immediately to confusion and disgust as Lexi stood up, "W-wait, what is this about?!"

"I mean I have told everyone to try their best and work together, that even though we are in this situation we should try our best and work as a team, Adam tried to get to everyone too and I commend him for that, but yet here we have missing people. Rachel broke the threat first, she let the weakness get to her and thanks to that Lisa and herself are missing."

"Y-you're blaming weakness!?" Stacey said, her face glaring at Jacob as a tear rolled down her eye.

"Weakness can be beaten!" Jacob said.

"Then are you saying Frankie and Joseph should've been more manly, because that's what you are getting at right, you are calling them pussy's?"

Jacob didn't respond, he simply let out a growl of disappointment.

"What about Marcus then, are you blaming him for trying to help us?!" Lexi said.

"Yeah, he even said he only ended like that because he was close to finding a way out!" Stacey said.

"He went on his own, that was his mistake, I just don't see what can be gained by acting irresponsible in this situation."

Joy stood to her feet and grabbed the table lightly as she let out a growl, "You may be smart, Jacob, but you can't predict human nature, and neither can we. Don't blame people for actions caused by this place, this place is proof we can't control even ourselves."

Jacob met his eyes with Joy but he quickly lowered them as he wiped his forehead, "I-I'm sorry, I know that."

Jacob let out another growl, not as large as the past one though.

"Is that it, is that all you had to say?" Joy said.

Jacob gave off a nod as he kept his eyes down again and so Joy made her way quickly to her room as everyone soon split off themselves.

"Let's go" Stacey said as she held onto Benedict's hand.

Benedict stood to his feet and followed Stacey as his eyes met with Jacob who was raising his eyes slowly but Benedict looked away immediately as he entered Stacey's room, proceeding to lock it after him.

"Jacob's trying too hard I think" Benedict said as he sat down on the bed while Stacey sat next to him, her arms winding around his left arm.

"Don't mind him, it's not bad to help."