Chapter 17 - No Stops Along The Way

The infirmary doors open, Abby walking into the infirmary itself to keep them open while Lexi walks in with a drink and a bit of bread which she keeps on her lap as she sits beside Adam's bed who is sitting on the far right bed.

Adam had a bandage wrapped around his head like an eye patch would have gone around to cover his left eye as tightly as he could, with Joy gone Abby had done her best to do it herself.

"It's funny how all these beds have been used by different people now" Simon said as he walked into the infirmary, followed by Marcus and Carlos.

Abby and Lexi stayed quiet as they kept an eye on the motionless Adam.

"I find that funny, if you were curious" came a mutter from Adam's mouth who seemed to be staring up at the roof.

Lexi almost stood up in shock, but didn't so the food wouldn't fall, but Abby was immediately running for Adam's opposite side, rubbing his cheek gently.

"Are you feeling ok, you need to rest more."

Adam stayed still as his remaining right eye looked over to Abby, his mouth growing a light smile as he stared at the girl.

"You know, I've noticed you caring about me alot, as well as Lexi who I believe is to my left, correct? Sorry, I can't see over there properly, and moving hurts me right now."

Lexi let out a slight cough, "Y-yeah, I'm right here."

"Good, because I just want to say I'm happy that you two are here. I'm happy that everyone's here honestly, don't get me right guys, I just am thankful for the company alot."

Everyone, even the guys in front of the bed, were caught in a slight amount of shock, but soon they all let out a small giggle each, Abby lowering her face down to Adam so she could place a kiss on Adam's cheek which caused everyone to grow quiet again, even Adam who tried turning to the girl only to groan in pain.

"D-don't move, you said it hurt remember?" Abby said, trying her best to not look over at Lexi who was holding the food she had prepared unusually tightly.

"Y-yeah, I know. Sorry, t-thank you" Adam said as he smiled lightly and closed his eyes.

"So, Jacob did this, right?" Adam said.

Everyone gave off a nod, but Marco was the one who confirmed it with his voice since Adam had his eyes closed.

"Did he explain why, I just find it odd, he doesn't seem like the type to just try hurting someone so randomly."

"He said it was instinct, that idiot. He should be here making food personally and caring for you to prove if he's sorry!" Abby said.

Lexi clenched the plate in her hands a little more, "I-I wanted to make this no matter what, so he wouldn't have been able to make food either way."

Adam tried looking towards Lexi using only his eye but he only managed to see the top of her brown hair which he assumed was all let out to hang down her face like usual.

"I prefer the cooking of the Ultimate Cook, anyway" Adam said as he tried smiling.

He had only just now realized how she must feel after seeing Abby kiss his cheek, his silence was proof of that.

There was a knock on the door and everyone except Lexi and Adam were immediately straightening up, but no one looked towards the source. The door opened and Jacob peeked inside only to see Abby hold something up and immediately throw it towards Jacob. Jacob couldn't tell what it was in time before he ducked behind te door, but the object shattered against the wall, far from where Jacob had been, proving it had been glass.