Chapter 12 - Sorrow and Silence

12 HOURS BEFORE THE CLASS TRIAL

Marcus had his right hand digging through the right cabinet at the back of the history room on the first floor. He didn't know what he was looking for but he had the book to remind him at least.

Only an hour prior, Marcus had been reading in the library, alone, through the red leathered book he had stolen from Adam. It had details on the class, a class record book it seemed to be called for class 13.He had done his best to look through everyone's information but even for his skills he found nothing that connected everyone together besides being in the same class.

However, it was the end of the book that excited Marcus. There was writing that had been made with a marker. The whole book had been printed pages but this last page was blank and hand written over.

"Far right Cabinet, History Room, hole" Marcus thought to himself as he read it over to himself.

"Camera's weakness, the words Game Over."

Marcus raised an eyebrow at the last one, "Is this a joke?

He stood up slowly and looked over to the books behind him, sliding the class records into a gap on the third shelf from the floor before he left the room.

Now he was in the history room looking for this hole, or whatever it had meant.

"No one else has found anything to help us, why shouldn't I follow the only lead?" Marcus said.

He moved a clear container off the third shelf which contained compass' and rulers, probably used to measure distance on maps, but behind it Marcus found what he was looking for.

A hole in the back of the tall cupboard, the size to fit an arm at least, and it seemed to lead into a deeper hole which was probably in the wall. The room on the other side of this wall was the music room but Marcus just assumed there wall was thick between the two rooms.

He reached his right hand inside, digging around the walls which were evenly dug out to make this cylindrical hole, and inside his hand felt something dusty but made of leather, and out with his hand came a small black book.

With a light blow of air across the book, Marcus got the dust off and looked at the front, "A diary, by Taylor Shink, she was our mentor."

The want to read this newly discovered book was at the top of his mind but Marcus thought better of it, he dug it into pants pocket and walked out to the hallway.

His eyes met with the camera on the back wall, he walked closer nice and slow before his mouth uttered the words "Game Over."

The camera began to lower and its light turned off, Marcus' eyes widening in surprise as he put his hands on his waist.

"Well then, that's odd."

Marcus took his turn from the camera and made his way outside through the entrance building.

For the remainder of the night, Marcus hid under his blanket after using the strange command to deactivate the camera in his room. Using his PAL as a light, he read through the diary to learn more about this mentor of his.

The diary contained several entries of what seemed to be a day by day record of classes.

'Day One, I'm really nervous. I've introduced myself to the kids before- Actually I shouldn't call them kids, I want to show myself as their equal. so I've introduced myself them all before, they have seen me and talked to me, but what if the school atmosphere changes their attitudes and impressions of me?