Chapter Eight- Movies and Marigolds

- The Day After The Events Of Chapter Seven -

Ah, another boring Monday.  Well, it wasn't that boring in Ethans eyes, as Mark brought Chica into work that day.

It also wasn't bad because, like most days, he was hanging out with Tyler after work.  Sure, he despised Mark and Jacks teasing about his gayness and his gay crush, but seeing his new friend made it all worth it.

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Ethan was helping out some customers, two friends of Jacks named Arin and Danny.  They were cool dudes, maybe they made a few more sex jokes than he would have preferred, but they were still cool.

He had passed them off to Mark after he was done, who had wanted to talk to them, and sat on his favourite messy countertop, a shit eating grin on his face.

Like clockwork, Jack hopped up next to him, phone in hand, eyes glued to the screen.  It happened like this most days, the blue boy would sit down on the counter, then the green bean would hop up next to him and they would chat about the strangest shit either could think of.

After that, Mark would also come up with Chica in tow, and they would all chill there until a customer needed attention.

Today Mark was a little late, him talking with Arin and Danny slowed him down a bit, but he still made his way over to the two grinning idiots.  His good pupper followed behind him, golden head high up in the air.

"I swear, Merk, that dog thinks she's a fookin princess." Jack joked as the Korean approached the two.  Chica seemed offended by the comment, and nipped at the irish beans leg as she walked by.

After a yelp from said person, both dog and owner leaned against the back of the countertop, admiring their shop.  "So, what'cha guys doing after work?"

Ethan was the first to respond, chirping out a cheery "Watching a movie!" While Jack just kinda shrugged.

Mark turned to face Ethan, a teasing look in his eyes and a smirk on his lips.  "With Tyyyyyyyllller?" He cooed.

The blue boy flushed a light pink, his ears getting the worst of the blush.  "Y-yeah..... we're gonna watch a horror movie."

Both of his so called friends burst out laughing, clutching their chests and each other.

"You never let us drag you to a horror movie, and now your letting this guy that just so happens to be your crush set one in front if you?  Dude, you know you'll get scared." Mark reasoned, face red from laughter.

Oh, angry boye.  Ethan stood up on the countertop, face a furious red, hands clenched into fists.  " No I'm not! I've grown since the last time we watched a horror movie! That was three years ago, I have a higher tolerance to spooks now."  He ranted.

Jack raised his eyebrows, having recovered from his laughing fit and now donning a smirk.  "Says the same person who got so scared playing FNAF that you slept with the lights on for a week, and had to have Mark sit in his chair with him because he was so freaked out"

Ethan blushed crimson, clapping his hands to his cheeks and looking away from his 'friends'.  The other males chuckled, and Mark patted the blue boys back.

"Look, there's five minutes until work ends.  Go get ready, and have fun." He swept his hands through his raven hair, grinning like he had just gotten a puppy.

The blue boy smiled at the two, hanging his apron on a hook, and washing up before leaving the shop with a wave.

He could hear laughter following him out, but he ignored it, jogging home with high spirits.

He got ready in record time, splashing his face and arms with water to wash off the dirt, changing into a gray shirt and black leggings that didn't have remnants of work on them, and slipping on some runners.

He walked to Tyler's house, where they would meet before going to the movie that said tall person chose.

A quick beep of his doorbell was enough for Tyler to open the door, bright smile on his features.  "Hey man! Come in, come in, we'll leave in a couple minutes."

And in a couple minutes they did.  They got into Tyler's car, and the ride there was filled with jokes and laughter.

When they reached the movie theater, the taller of the two told the smaller to go get food while he got the tickets.

Large popcorn for them both to share and two drinks in hand, Ethan trotted back to his friend, who was waving tickets in the air.  "Lets go!"

Now settled down in their seats, both boys shut off their phones and started chatting while they waited for the movie to start.

"So, any work stories?" Tyler asked, tilting his head.  Ethan smirked.  "Oooh, too many to tell in one day.  I'll tell you my favourite though.

"One day, these two girls came into the shop, saw me, and walked up to my counter.  One started sitting on my counter, batting her eyelashes and putting her hand on mine.  The other was like flourishing her-"

He got cut off, as the opening scene of the movie played.

Fast forward a little while.

Ethan had been doing fine so far, nothing was scary yet, it was all just intro and setting up the plot.  He was cool with this.

But now, oh no.

Clowns.  Fucking clowns.  Why didn't Tyler tell him it was goddamn fucking clowns???

Needless to say, he was terrified.

You know, Mark and Jack were right; he did end up clinging to Tyler.  The taller male just chuckled as Ethan clung to him, spooked expression on his face.

Lucky for our blue boy, the movie was almost over.  And, as soon as it ended, he zoomed out of the theater.

Tyler followed soon after, and upon seeing his friends scared face, burst into laughter.  This got him a slap on the arm from Ethan, but hell if he cared.  His whole stone face demeanor went out the window, leaving a tall boy that was currently losing his shit.

We should really organize a search party to find that lost shit before Ethan kills it's owner.

Let's just say the car ride back to the blue boys apartment was filled with angry silence and hurt glares sent Tyler's way.

But, when Ethan was safely back in his home, he realized something; shit.... did I really just cuddle up to Tyler?