Chapter Ten- Pancakes and Pelargoniums

- Right After The Events Of Chapter Nine -

When Ethan peeked over the top of Tyler's car after exiting said car, he saw the tall boys devious smirk. He wanted to yell 'why. Just wHY' But no words would form on his tongue. Instead of a cat, it was an IHop that had caught his tongue.

Yikes.

Tyler led the way inside, holding open the doors for his..... his date like a true gentleman.

Don't make me regret that.

Anyways, they got themselves seated, ordered some drinks (Ethan a water and Tyler a Sprite) and settled into the booth.

The conversation was light and cheery, meant to distract both boys from their struggles of life. And, it seemed to be working.

They were currently in a heated discussion about the best types of cats, a weird topic, but whatever. The blue boy was on the side of Ragdolls, the taller male siding with British Shorthairs.

" Okay, Ragdolls are the best because they're basically guard dogs, but guard cats. My uncle once had one named Lulaby, and she used to always hiss at people that came by his house. One time when I was visiting, she was out in the yard, and this guy came up and tried to steal his mail box. Let's just say that guy left with a couple more scratches then he arrived with." Ethan chirped, his eyes sparkling.

Tyler gave a rumbling laugh, grin stretched wide. " C'mon, though. Have you seen British Shorthairs? Most of their faces are smushed in, and they have these big ol eyes that just scream 'I'm adorable!'"

The conversation about cats lasted, Oh, maybe another two minutes before their drinks were placed in frontof the two.

"What would you like to eat today?" The pale-pink haired waitress chirped, with an accent that Ethan could only guess was British.

"I'll have the chicken and waffles!" He chirped, a small smile gracing his features. The lady turned to Tyler next, who answered with a "Strawberries and cream crepes, please."

The waitress scurried away, pink hair swishing around her. Ethan played with his straw between his teeth, rolling it around and flicking his tongue over the end of it. Yeah, he was kinda bored now that the conversation had come to a hold, and he also always did this with straws.

Tyler, on the other hand, was swishing his straw around with his hand, watching the male in front of him with curiosity. Something about the way Ethan wa- nope nope nope, stop thinking that.

The taller male initiated the conversation after a couple of minutes later, starting off with a 'Did you ever think that I was going to bring you to IHop?'

And that's how it went. Ethan sharing his surprise at when they had pulled up, Tyler claiming that he 'was a criminal genius' and the blue boy kicking the others shin.

Let's just say it was a pretty great talk.

When the food arrived, Ethan had the biggest smile on his face, thanking the waitress repeatedly before digging in. He barely heard Tyler's thanks in his rush to get the food in his mouth.

And wow, was it worth it. He had poured some of that blueberry sauce over his chicken (note: Very very good by the way) and then stabbed it with a fork.

His first bites were heaven. Crispy chicken bits with a crunchy coating and luxurious sauce dripping all over- no, no, this isn't food smut.

He glanced up, seeing that Tyler had a similar expression of pure food bliss.

And, also, he had some whip cream on his nose. Yes, big, strong, stone-face Tyler had cream on the tip of his sniffer. It made Ethans heart explode.

The tall male seemed to feel the other eyes on him, and cast his gaze from the crepes to the blue boys face. Said blue then pointed to his nose, and the tall boy swiped at it, looking shocked at seeing the white fluff on his hand.

And that sent Ethan over the edge. He started giggling like crazy, throwing his head back so that it banged against the seat behind him. His contagious laughter transferred over to Tyler, and soon they were both laughing, half-finished food totally forgotten about.

When they recovered from their giggle fit, Ethan had an idea.  He cut off a bit of waffle and chicken, speared them with his fork, and reached across the table.

Tyler looked confused, and then an understanding blossomed in his eyes.  He cut off some crepe, put that on his fork, and leaned over.

"Open wide." Ethan commanded, and once Tyler had opened his mouth, he shoved his fork in.  Tyler forced his fork into Ethan mouth, and both boys looked quite content at being fed.

Food was gone about five minutes later, drinks in half that time.  The blue boy made a happy noise, patting his stomach.  "That was super good." The other male made a noise of agreement.

Oh no.

The waitress had come back, laying the bill on the table.

Both boys had shot their hands forwards, trying to take the bill before the other got to it.

Their hands landed, Ethans on the bottom, Tyler's on top, on the bill, and they made stubborn eye contact.

LET'S GET READY TO R-R-R-R-RUMBLE!

Their mouths went into overdrive, spouting half-developed arguments at why they should pay.

Ethans main point was, dude, you brought me here, paid for gas and shit, now let me treat you.

Tyler's main argument was, no no no, I invited you for dinner, so let me pay.

The latter eventually gave up with a defeated shrug, muttering 'fine, you pay' earning a happy smile from Ethan.

Fully paid and fully happy, they got into Tyler's car, driving to Ethans place.

" Hey, Ethan, you know that I definitely won that argument.  I was just being a gentleman and giving you the pleasure of paying."  Aaand there we go, they started arguing once more.

Why does it always turn out that when they get to Ethans apartment bundling, they each forfeit the fight?

Anyway, as the blue boy got out of the car, Tyler also got out.  The latter zoomed over to his friend, pulling him to his chest in a hug.

Ethan gave a little squeak of surprise, a light blush sneaking it's way across his cheeks and nose.

He blushed even more when he felt Tyler's hand move down his back.

And, as soon as it had started, the hug ended.  The tall male was back in his car, and offered the blue boy a wink before driving away.

"Wowie."