Chapter Nine- Dinner and Dahlias

- The Day After The Events Of Chapter Eight -

Coffee.
Coffee.
Sweet, bitter, amazing coffee.  You know, that warm liquid that makes you more awake and energized and wow, Ethan needed a lot of it right now.

He had arrived at work about an hour ago, and had already consumed two and a half cups of coffee.

Yikes.

He had stayed up for most of the night being the anxious bean he is, worrying about the smallest things.  But hey, what's a guy to do?

He was currently draped across his countertop, waiting for a customer to come in.  Well, he was more waiting for Mark to call him.

They were about to get a delivery from their suppliers, regular things like mulch and dirt and fertilizer, but also special orders like those white Camellias for Tyler.  Sure, it had some other flowers, like tulips and crysanthemums, lilies and peonies, and plants like hens and chicks, but he was most excited for the Camellias.

Okay, maaaaybe he was also excited for a new flower that Jack had suggested, the Clitoris.

Yes, that is a real flower.

And there we go, there was Mark hollering to him and a certain green bean to get their asses over to him and help out.

Now, let's get one thing straight- Ethan was in no way a muscley person.  Heck, he spent most of his time working in a flower shop and playing fucking Mario Kart.

But, when it came to having to move supplies into the shop, he was like a pro bodybuilder.  He would lift four cartons of flowers, two on each arm, at a time, while even Mr. Muscles Fishbach only lifted three.  He was a real powerhouse.

And now we came to the worst part of shipment day; mulch and soil.  See, it's heavy stuff.  Most of the time it took two people to lift just one of the big bags.  Sure, Ethan can do one by himself, but it was a struggle.

Let's get back to our story.

Our blue boy tottered through the shop, balancing a bag of mulch upon his thin arms.  His face was red, and be had sweat dribbling down his forehead.

Good thing about supply day, he thought, is that after lunch we close shop so we can sort everything in the storeroom.  That means that we have it easy today.

The thought sent energy running through his limbs, and he sped up his pace, making it to the storeroom in record time.

Moving everything took about an hour, which left an hour and a half until lunch.

Ethan was cleaning up around the shop, as supply day was also cleaning day, sweeping dirt and plant debris up  and into the compost.

That is, until Mark called 'Lunch break!' And everything stopped.  Jack said a quick apology to the customer he was ringing up, who quickly paid and scurried out. Ethan propped up his broom, dumping the rest of his tray in the compost.  They both slid into the back room, where Mark had laid out the lunches they had brought.

Lunch was good, and it got even better when Ethan got a text from a certain tall boy.

Hey man.... You want to go get dinner tonight or something?

He spit out his sandwich, looking flabbergasted.  Three heads (Mark, Jack, and the delivery manager, Kathryn) turned to him, staring at the awestruck male.

"What's u-" Mark didn't get to finish his sentence before Ethan was shoving his phone to him.  The Koreans eyes lit up, before taking out his own phone and texting someone.

The blue boy took back his phone, looking confused.  He was very confused, until the door to the shop chimed and in walked..... oh my, it was Arin and Danny.

They sauntered up to the back room, dropping a bag on a table.  "We heard your call for help, decided it was an emergency, and came as fast as we could."

Mark looked oh so happy, grinning like a devil.  He zoomed over, checking what was in the bag, before hurriedly ushering Jack and Kathryn out of the room, locking it after them.

Ethan was very confused, but it didn't last long before Arin had shoved him in a chair.

"Alright, Mr. Blue. Mark called us because you have a date tonight.  We thought, wow, he's coming to pick you up from work, you'll have no time to get dolled up.  So here we are, to make you look fabulous!" Danny chirped, dumping the bag out on the table.

Oh boy.  It had concealer, three different shirts, two ties, multiple cologne choices, and an array of hair products.  Yikes, this was going to be a long day.

So, the makeover started.  It began with hair, mainly the two stylists trying to tame his unruly blue locks, ending up just fluffing it up to make him look cute.

Wowie, makeup.  Arin was the one that was in charge of that, and the good thing was he only put some concealer on Ethans face so that his skin tone was even, and that his pimples didn't show too much.

Wardrobe was a mess.  He didn't want to dress up that much, so Danny eventually forced him into a nice blue shirt and a cute little black bowtie.

They then herded him out of the room, displaying their masterpiece to the others.

Kathryn, Jack and Mark ooed and aahed, slipping in compliments.  Ethan was a bright pink colour, not liking all the attention.

The others didn't allow him to help out in the shop that afternoon, claiming that he could get dirty.

And then it was time.  A car pulled up to the parking lot, and a snazzy Tyler stepped out.

The tall boys fluffy curls were slightly tame, but still bouncy and nice.  He was wearing a handsome black dress shirt, and oh god Ethan could stare at him all day.

It came too soon when the door chimed once more, and Tyler's smiling face popped into the shop.  "Hey gang."

Mixed hellos and heys greeted the tall male, who was staring at the blue boy.  Ethan smiled lightly, sliding over to Tyler and grabbing his arm.

"Wellwereallygottagosoi'llseeyoulaterguys!" He said in one breath, practically dragging his friend out of there.

Once they got in the car, Ethan gave a sigh of relief, and Tyler asked the question he had on his mind. " So... why did you drag me out of there so fast?"

The blue boy chuckled, recalling the events of the past hours.  Tyler chuckled throughout the story, looking surprise when he mentioned when his stylists appeared.

They kept on talking until they stopped in front of the restaura- fucking hell.

You know, Tyler had told him 'dress kinda nicely' and Ethan didn't know what he was expecting, but he definitely wasn't expecting fucking IHop.

Yes, IHop.

Ethans day of unfortunately hilarious events just got a little more eventful.