Chapter Twenty-Two- Accident and Aconitum

- Two Months After The Events Of Chapter Twenty-One -

-_-_-_-_- Baby Boy Blue -_-_-_-_-
T- etaaaaan

E- Yeah bby?

T- you wanna go out for ice cream today?
T- maybe like, in an hour or two?

E- Ty.
E- Its 5 degrees out.  Why would we get ice cream?

T- because it's warmer than it has been in a while?????  come on, you know you'll love it

E- Yes, yes I do know.  Alright, I'll be at your place in two hours

T- !!!! see ya!

_____________________________________

Ethan bounced on his toes as he walked up to Tyler's house, a bright smile displayed on his face.  Yes, it might be strange to get ice cream when it's cold enough to wear a jacket, but Tyler really wanted to.  How could he say no?

He knocked lightly on the door, and after hearing a few bumps from inside, it was opened

Tyler stood there in all his glory, wearing a maroon sweater and comfy looking pants.  He grabbed his keys, and his wallet, and then stepped outside with Ethan.

"So, how is my blue boy doing today?"  The tall male chirped, slinging an arm around his shoulder.

"Little chilly, but surely some iced milky boys will help that."  Ethan snuggled further into his mint sweatshirt, laughing lightly.

"God, why do I tolerate you," Tyler sighed, "Oh wait, I know.  It because I love you."  He leaned his head down, placing a loud kiss onto Ethans cheek.

They walked down the street at a casual pace, holding hands and chatting lightly.  When they reached the ice cream shop, Planet Iced Roast, Tyler held the door open for him like a true gentleman.

As they walked inside, a bright 'Hello!' greeted them, and Ethan turned to look at the worker, and Tyler gave a little noise of surprise.

Amy, Marks girlfriend and regular customer at Pottermore, picked up two sugar cones and started scooping ice cream onto them.

"Wait- we didn't even cho-" Tyler started, only to be cut off by Ethan sitting him down in a seat.

"Don't worry, Amy's a genius.  She knows what you like just by looking at you."  He explained, and the taller male just nodded and waited for their ice cream.

Amy handed them their ice creams, a cookies and cream one for Ethan, and rocky road for Tyler.  Ethan quickly handed over some money before Tyler could even reach for his wallet, and thanked Amy profusely.

The two boys ate their ice cream in silence, mainly because they didn't want to talk with their mouths full.

After the ice cream was eaten, they said goodbye to Amy and walked out, once more hand in hand.  They milled about, stopping to look at interesting stores and some strange pigeons.

Eventually they ended up at a park, and started walking through it.  Ethan people-watched as they walked, pointing out interesting people.

"Look at that guy.  His fly is down- Hey buddy!" Ethan hollered, "Your fly's down!"  Tyler sighed, amused at his boyfriends antics.

"Look at her go, with that big ol hat of hers."

"Tyler!! That guy is walking his cat!"

"Christ thats a big spider!  Oh wait, that's just that dudes dog.  Never mind."

He could tell Tyler was kinda zoning out, so he tugged him down to his level and pecked his lips.  "You know, if you get bored with my rambling you can just tell me."

Tyler blushed a dark crimson, and waved him off.  Ethan rolled his eyes, and guided them towards a bench.

They sat down, Tyler putting his arm around Ethans shoulders, and Ethan laying his head on Tyler's arm.

A chilly breeze went by, and Ethan snuggled closer to Tyler.  He in turn wrapped his arms around the blue boy, and for a moment, all was perfect.

Ethan, for some reason, felt himself reminiscing on the past few months.

He thought about when he met Tyler at the flower shop, their first kiss.  How Jordan leaked their secret to everyone prematurely.  Their dates, how they teased and flirted with one another.

God, he never wanted that to change.  He wanted to stay in this day and never move on.  He wanted to stay in Tyler's arms and never let go.

He knew it was a childish wish, one that would never come true.

And, in that moment, when time slowed down and Ethan became acutely aware of his surroundings, he knew for sure it was unreal.

His heart was pounding at his ears as he looked around, feeling himself move in slow motion.

Click

Yes.  Now he knew.  Now he knew why he and his world was trapped in molasses.

It was because some guy in a hoodie was pointing a gun at Tyler's head.

Instead of being slow, everything sped up tenfold.  In a fraction of a second he was pushing Tyler down, effectively making himself in the guns path.

In another second, he was feeling obliterating pain blossom in his chest.  He could feel himself falling into something warm, probably Tyler's lap, and he could hear yelling and sobbing.

A few wet drops landed on his cheeks, and he reached a hand up to wipe them off of Tyler's face.  "Hey, d-dont cry.  Ev-verythings alright."  He slurred.

Wow, he felt tired.

There were black spots dancing across his vision, and he got the feeling that he was about to pass out.

He felt.... ethereal.  Like some being that was just watching everything happen in a body that wasn't his own.

Breathe in, and he's Ethan.

Breathe out, and he's a void.