I'm An Alternative Guy

(I RELATE TO THIS^)

(I RELATE TO THIS^)

     Peter gets out the keys to his apartment and opens the door. He holds his backpack that contains the suit in it.

Earlier, he found an empty alleyway and got changed into his borrowed clothes.

He follows the hallway straight to his room but he's suddenly stopped by someone who calls his name.

"Peter, what are you doing home?" His Aunt May is in the kitchen, clearly looking for something in the fridge. Peter looks at her surprised.

"I—uh..I can ask you the same thing?"
"My boss let me go early...why aren't you at school?"

"Um, well actually—" He starts to explain with a nervous laugh.
"—Why are you wearing your gym clothes?"

"Because I—" Aunt May puts on her glasses and inspects Peter. She tilts his face to the left and sees the bruise on his cheek.

"Pete what happened?"

He shakes off her hand from his face and takes a step back.
"C-could you let me explain?...Please?"
He sees the pained expression on his Aunt's face. He always seems to get that face from her, especially recently. But now, he cant make anything up. He didn't trip or fall, he just ticked off the person he was trying to avoid all day.

"Go ahead." She says quietly while crossing her arms.
Now he felt the spotlight on him, maybe he should've just stayed at school so he didn't have to deal with this.

"I just.." he sighs deeply and runs his hands through his hair, "I got in a fight today, it's nothing serious—"

"—Oh my God, again?!" She walks pacing around the kitchen with her hand on her forehead.

"May, I said it's nothing serious, I started it but the guy was about to beat up Ned so I—"
"Peter!" She snaps, scaring the high schooler and probably the family downstairs too. Now he really feels guilty. His Aunt shouldn't have to go through this at all. "This is ridiculous...what are you doing to cause this much trouble—?"

"Nothing! Okay?!"

"Oh, 'nothing', yeah sure seems like 'nothing'...God, It seems like I can't have my back turned and have you be perfectly okay with no scratches or bruises but when I face you it's like...!" she gestures toward Peter but then hesitates and lets go. She rests her body on the counter behind her and takes off her glasses.

Peter stands at the doorframe, feeling completely devastated once again.
But something comes over him, he's felt enough of guilt today and its been ruining him. He cant stand this feeling anymore, its eating him away.
Now the guilt is replaced with nothing. His emotions try to get through to him but he holds them back.

He shakes his head and picks up his bag, "I'm going to my room...I have homework to do."
He cant argue with her anymore, it'll all just get worse anyways.