His First Crush

•••••••

•••••••

      The small TV in Peter's apartment complex plays one of his favorite Star Wars movies; Return Of The Jedi.

After coming home from the hospital, him and Madeline finished up the Chemistry project they were assigned for at school. Now, papers litter the couch and coffee table.
They later on decided to lay around the rest of the night. Aunt May was talking to the doctor over the phone in the other room about prescription medication—which is something Peter desperately didn't want since he knows he'll heal faster than expected. Even the doctor was surprised he was up and walking around.

It is now 11 at night and Peter sits with a bowl of half eaten popcorn in his lap. His back feels a bit better now that Aunt May gave him some mild painkillers.

Peter realizes how quiet Madeline has been the past 30 minutes. Which is surprising since he recently found out she's a total geek when it comes to space movies. Another thing to love about her.

His attention is drawn toward a cuddled up Madeline who sleeps soundly on the opposite end of the couch. He can hear a few quiet snores come from her which makes him smile.

Peter gets up from the couch slowly so that he doesn't disturb her and goes over to one of the storage cabinets in the hallway. He looks inside to find towels and other useless junk. He spots an oversized fleece blanket and tugs it from the crowded shelf.

Unfolding it, he glances over at a nearby mirror hanging on the wall. His hair is a still a bit wet from the shower he took earlier on. Avoiding his cuts and stitches was the hardest part though. He fluffs his hair a bit, trying to make it seem somewhat okay, and turns off the lights to the kitchen and hallway.

Placing the blanket on top of Madeline, he sees the goosebumps that form on her arms. She snuggles into the pillow she's laying on and Peter holds his breath so that he doesn't make a sound.

He knows she's had a long day; seeing her brother for the first time in 6 months, seeing a car explode in front of her, having to wait and sit in the hospital with his Aunt—who knows what they were talking about. Hopefully nothing embarrassing about him.